X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"UP"

Hi!

I have the latest paid version 6.2.0.5 on an AMD triple core system with 4 GB RAM and Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) and having problems with the movie "UP" it keeps reading the DVD but nothing happens.

I have waited for upto 30 minutes but nothing. I have tried it with the PathPlayer enabled/disabled but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

P.S. I have no problems with other movies until "UP".

Damaged disc or a bad pressing, might try cleaning it with a light spritz of isopropyl alcohol or windex and a soft clothe. Paid version 6205 will back up that movie.

Comment

Hi!

Can this happen even when the DVD plays fine on a DVD player?

Comment

Yes, it can and that is always the problem.
        That's why i do a CRC check with another product on DVDs which i just received and if a CRC error is there, i sent them back and get exchange DVDs.
        人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
        Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Sure can... Playing in a set top player is not as fussy as ripping.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I've also found a few DVDs that don't want to read on my PC, but when I move to my wife's PC they rip just fine (I'm sure there are disks that read fine on mine but not on my wife's). If you've got access to another drive that may also fix your problem.

Comment

Exact same problem

I have the same trouble with it. My system is also 64-bit, 4GB RAM, with 6.2.0.5 DVDFAB (Alienware laptop). All my DVD drives can see the disc and play it, but it won't get past the reading stage in DVDFAB.
              Last edited by speedy300; 12-03-2009, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Try 6.2.1.0 Beta ^^
                人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

6.2.1.0 beta doesn't work either

SAME problem with the beta version. Just keeps trying to open and read the disc, but never gets past there. thx for the suggestion though.

Comment

Version 6210 beta does seem to work. My apologies...just takes awhile to read and analyze the disc. 5-10 to read and about 3-4 to analyze...then it seems to be ok. Disc is still in stage 1 (copying data), buts seems like it will work. Thx

Comment

You might need to reset the DMA for your drive or clean the lens.

Comment

it works. thx for the advice (i meant the beta version, not the lens cleaning or DMA)
                        Last edited by speedy300; 12-03-2009, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X