This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble copying

I am currently trying to make a copy of We Are Marshall and DVDfab is freezing up. After about 20 minutes of trying to copy it is only at 77.38% complete. I have tried with pathplayer enabled and disabled. I have also tried internal and external burner to copy. Any suggestions?

Are you using the latest beta, 6.1.2.0?
    Have you inspected the disk for scratches/fingerprints and cleaned if necessary?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm not using the lastest beta, do I need to download it?
      It has a few scratches doesn't look like anything major, but how do you suggest to clean it?

Comment

Take a look at the thread in my sig
        Tips...
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Do I have to uninstall DVDfab to update to the lastest beta?

Comment

NO install over top

Comment

Clean it with a lint free cloth and isopropyl alcohol wiping out from the centre.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I've installed the lastest beta version, cleaned the disk, ticked ignore all reading errors, and reset DMA. Still having same results.

Comment

must be a bad original disc then as that movie can be done with DVDFab

Comment

Ok, thanks everyone for your help. I will try to return it and rent another copy.

Comment

Does it freeze at the same location...77.38% on both ODD's ?
                      If yes, you can try a couple other things in my Tips sticky, but it is looking less hoprful.

Try changing the settings as described, ie., ignore errors and read-ahead cache.
                      Also, here's where the Brasso may be of benefit.
                      Is this a newly purchased disc?

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by rparker View Post
                        Ok, thanks everyone for your help. I will try to return it and rent another copy.
                        Oh oh,
                        Please read the forum rules.
                        We cannot and we will not support piracy, violation of copyright laws or Fair Use provisions.

Thread closed

Comment

Working...
                        X