Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Help - Failure to Burn DVD

Task2_failed! Error = 122

Since upgrading to the Qt version of DVDFab, I have not been able to burn a disc. I use DVD copy on a Dell XPS 720; OS = XP SP2; DVD fab v8.1.7.6 and trying to burn disc DVD+R DL.

I have tried many of the work arounds suggested by DVDFab, but none to this date have worked, I have been trying since Jan 2012 and I still cannot get DVDFab to work anymore. It worked fine, until I started applying the updates so I could burn recently released movies.

My log files are as follows - please let me know if DVDFab is working, else I need to return the product and check into Nero, as I cannot afford anymore downtime. Please do not send instructions on setting up Imgburn, I never had to use it with DVDFab before and do now wish to use it now, as if I use Imgburn, what is the point with DVDFab.

Please advise, asap, on deadline and need to cut my losses and move on.

Regards, SodaWerks

dvdfab_burn_vso; dvdfab_internal and dvdfab_process attached. Please review and let me know what is the issue. I have never had problems with DVDFab - until I starting installing the QT version of DVDFab, since then, I have yet been able to burn a disc.

Attached Files

If you don't want to use ImgBurn so that you can set optimum power calibration for your media I can only suggest you try a different brand of blanks. Error 122 means the write failed at the very beginning of the process. Calibration failed.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi SodaWerks
      You have 4 choices of burn engines with Fab.

VSO is a burn engine that is bundled with DVD Fab and made by VSO Software.

ImgBurn can not be bundled with Fab because it is "free", but can be configured to run as Fabs burn engine.

If you would like to use it, you will find instructions in the link in my signature.

Also do your self a favor by updating your OS to SP3 with windows update.

Hope this helps
      CBR929

EDIT:
      You can also try right clicking Fab on your desktop, click properties, compatibility, check the box, run this program in compatibility mode for XP service pack 2.
      Last edited by CBR929; 04-13-2012, 04:04 AM. Reason: EDIT
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The Help - Imgburn and DVDFab

I have researched the forum for other users who are using XP Pro SP3, everyone who upgraded to SP3 are having more problems than using SP2 - so I cannot afford anymore downtime with trying the SP2 to SP3 upgrade and risk additional problems.

O/S is currently used on a development platform so O/S cannot be upgraded, as it is the O/S used with proprietary customer enterprise application. Most corporations will not upgrade to Win7 at this time due to the massive amount of work it would be for an enterprise global application, so O/S upgrade is not an option at this time. And it should not be, DVDFab was running perfectly until the Qt upgrades started messing with drivers.

I did upgrade nVidia drivers as suggested by others, I did confirm burn drive had the latest drivers, etc. But am going to research a different application as DVDFab no longer works. Thank you.

Comment

I tried three different types of DL discs, Verbatim, Sony and Memorex, none of them work, all three different manufactured brands failed.

Comment

Are they all failing with the 122 error? If so you might try cleaning the laser but it may be time for a new drive?
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

How about VSO and imgburn? Please give a try.

Comment

Working...
              X