Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Was able to write to blank discs this morning...now, for some reason, when I try to write to a blank disk I'm getting this message "Media Inserted in Drive E is a single layer disk, please insert double layer to start process."

It's the same media disks (Memorex) I've been using since forever, and as late as this morning. I tried taking disks off the 100-spool at different locations, but every disk is giving me the same error message.

Any suggestions?? Never had this before and have no clue how to fix it.

Thank you.

First thing to do is click the "?" at the top and then about to make sure nothing has expired on you. If that's all good check the quality box bottom center and make sure it is set to DVD-5 for single layer.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

The quality box only appears on the Main or Full Movie options, not in Write Data....nothing is expired as I just renewed last month.

I put a disk in, the error message comes up, and the disk auto-ejects. The quality is something I've only dealt with during copying, not writing.

Any other suggestions???

Comment

That being the case I'd have to guess the file(s) you are attempting to write are too large for a single layer blank.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X