No announcement yet.

Bug Report - Target Directory With Foriegn Characters Can Not be Used as Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Report - Target Directory With Foriegn Characters Can Not be Used as Target

My system is completely setup as Eastern Time Zone (UTC -05:00)
    Windows 7 Ultimate - English

But in my Windows Explorer, I do use both English and Japanese characters.

Lately, I've gotten in the habit of copying any DVD's I acquire directly where I want them instead of to the default directory, then moving them later.

Just a short while ago, I had selected a directory which had both English & Japanese and where the Japanese was, DVDFab only showed Question marks. To top it off, if I hit the Start button, I would get a pop up saying unable to create directory.

This was the directory I wanted to write to,
    [Drive Letter]:\Japanese Anime\Death Note Relight デスノートリライト

This is what DVDFab Showed,
    [Drive Letter]:\Japanese Anime\Death Note Relight ?????????

This is a two DVD set and I just acquired the 2nd one today.

It's only after I select the folder that the Question marks show.

Then again, the easy way around this is to select the default directory, then move it where I want it after I'm done.

I figure if Windows 7 programs such as Notepad and MS Word can display both English and Japanese at the same time without the use of IME to switch languages, then couldn't DVDFab be made to do the same?

Hi ゲゲゲの鬼太郎,
    In my test, set English as your system language, Japanese chapters will be recognised as "?" and set Japanese as your system language, the display of English and Japanese characters is correct.
    It's the issue that English is ASCII code and Japanese is Unicode.

Comment

Working...
    X