Media problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media problem?

Trying to back up "The Smurfs" using v8.1.7.8. Qt, Dvd copy, main movie only. Everything goes fine until it sees the blank disc and I get this message:

"Media inserted in drive is single layer. Please insert a double layer media to start the write process."

I have been using TDK discs, DVD-R, for months. I know they are not the preferred discs to use, but I have never had a problem with Dvd Fab rejecting them before. Is this a media problem, or do I have something that needs to be changed in my settings menu? Or is this a problem specific to this particular movie?

Media won't write to disc

I had this problem with a tv series. I ended up splitting the disc in DVD Copy and it worked. After I loaded the disc I picked Split on the left. If it still doesn't work, try disableing under the green dot with the white check mark. Under read. Put this as Disregard or etc. all reading errors and under pathplayer disable it also. these are temporary disablements for this particular disc or discs. Be sure to reenable these after writing.

Comment

Hi Pittymama
      Please check your settings in Fab for your output size.
      Make sure you are using DVD5 and your write settings are no higher than 4472.

Also check to make sure that your registered, open Fab click the ? click about to check if registered.

If still having problems post your logs the default location is:
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

@Pittymama,
        Please check the output size of DVDfab Copy and the disc you used. If the output size of DVDfab is DVD5 and the disc you used is DVD5, please post the internal and burn log.

Comment

Working...
        X