Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Make a DVD Copy or Burn

Morning all,

I am having a similar problem as some others here....all of the sudden I cannot make a copy from an external hard drive to a DVD. In fact, I can't make a copy regardless of the source.

I have gotten so many different errors, read through this forum and made some changes as recommended (imgburn, upgraded media disk, etc.,) but the outcome is the same.

I've taken the liberty of attaching the logs and any help given is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files
    Gotta B the burner

Originally posted by wedu22 View Post
    Morning all,

I am having a similar problem as some others here....all of the sudden I cannot make a copy from an external hard drive to a DVD. In fact, I can't make a copy regardless of the source.

I have gotten so many different errors, read through this forum and made some changes as recommended (imgburn, upgraded media disk, etc.,) but the outcome is the same.

I've taken the liberty of attaching the logs and any help given is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    EDIT: ASUS Laptop, System is VISTA w/a HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GSA-T50L. Checked for driver updates and none found. Received I/O errors & I think F=122 errors.
    Gotta B the burner

Comment

Originally posted by wedu22 View Post
      EDIT: ASUS Laptop, System is VISTA w/a HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GSA-T50L. Checked for driver updates and none found. Received I/O errors & I think F=122 errors.
      Tried different movie/burner and received new error:
      FlexBurn
      I/O Error
      cbd: Unknown
      SenseData: Invalid Address for Write

Gotta B the burner

Comment

Tried ImgBurner again after doing some more reading.
        - Failed. Invalid address for write. I'm not sure what that means but it is probably something simple....just don't know what.

Here is the log:
        Attached Files
        Gotta B the burner

Comment

Hi wedu22
          Your drive is in PIO mode, Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab.

Also the media that you are using is considered garbage, sorry.

The only media you should ever use is Verbatim with the AZO Dye on the label or Taiyo Yuden.

Also Open Fab Click the Green top right > DVD/ BluRay > Write put a check in the box Set Booktype to DVD ROM.

Hope this helps
          CBR929

EDIT: You may also try updating your firmware on your drive found here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1..._SR09.zip.html
          NOTE If you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless.
          Last edited by CBR929; 06-09-2012, 01:05 AM. Reason: EEDIT, NOTE
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Any more recommendations/suggestios?

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Hi wedu22
            Your drive is in PIO mode, Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab.

Also the media that you are using is considered garbage, sorry.

The only media you should ever use is Verbatim with the AZO Dye on the label or Taiyo Yuden.

Also Open Fab Click the Green top right > DVD/ BluRay > Write put a check in the box Set Booktype to DVD ROM.

Hope this helps
            CBR929

EDIT: You may also try updating your firmware on your drive found here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1..._SR09.zip.html
            NOTE If you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless.
            CBR929, thank you for your feedback.
            - Some of your suggestions I had already completed, but I was able to update the firmware.
            - The media was changed to Verbatim AZO 8x DVD+R DL a couple days back.
            - Unfortunately, my outcome was the same and here is the error given fr IMGBurn:
            I/O Error!
            Device: [0:1:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L SR09 (E (ATAPI)
            ScsiStatus: 0x02
            Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 02 20 00 00 20 00
            Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 544 -575

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 35 2D 03 3E 0C 00 00 00 00 00
            SK Interpretation: Medium Error
            ASC/ASCA Interpretation: Write Error

Anyone have any suggestions?

Again, thank you CBR929...P.S. is that you Honda? Its a nice one, I have a 1200 Sportster

Here are the logs:
            Attached Files
            Gotta B the burner

Comment

You can try a cleaning disk in the drive (clean the laser). You are using good media if Verb AZO. Failing a good cleaning it might be time to spend $20 on a new drive
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                You can try a cleaning disk in the drive (clean the laser). You are using good media if Verb AZO. Failing a good cleaning it might be time to spend $20 on a new drive
                Thank you 90312, I cleaned disk, same result(s). Buy a new drive? Ok, but I can still burn music CD's so I'm not understanding why buy a new disk drive. I still feel there is a setting not correctly set.

Any body else have any suggestions?
                Gotta B the burner

Comment

My intention was to run a cleaning disk through the burner, the type you would run in your DVD set top player to clean dust and debris from the burning laser.

Albert Einstein

Comment

My intention was to run a cleaning disk through the burner, the type you would run in your DVD set top player to clean dust and debris from the burning laser.
                    90312, thank you. I am appreciative, please do not misunderstand. I ran my a disk cleaner, it probably needed it. Again, I thank you for your feedback.

The problem still exist and that is the frustrating point. I have had DVDfab for so long & it has never failed me until this past Monday. I don't know what has changed or why it won't make a copy from my external drive.

Again, I am very thankful for the input. I hope now that you or someone else will have another suggestion and it will be the "one"
                    Gotta B the burner

Comment

Well, as always, great advice from my 2 pals....
                      bummer that you're still skunked.

I note that you...
                      "Tried different movie/burner and received new error:",
                      ...but I only see logs from the HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GSA-T50L

Maybe I missed the other burner?....at 63, my eyes and mind aren't improving...lol

I think this is an LG/Hitachi burner and Img shouldn't have any trouble bitsetting the +R media.
                      Damn peculiar that it fails bitsetting, particularly since SR09 is the most recent fw from ASUS.

In perusing the net, it appears this burner has had its problems.
                      Right now, I'm leaning toward 90312's suggestion of a belly-up burner.
                      Still, there's hope...

Would you please open Img, then click on > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order
                      and post the results here.

Here is some additional info on upper/lower filters:
                      This article describes a problem with CD or DVD drives not work, or is missing, or not recognized after installing or uninstalling programs.

Does this burner burn anything at all?
                      External of Fab?

Have you tried to rip an .ISO file to your hdd with Fab, then close down Fab.
                      Now open the .ISO with Img as an independent app.
                      Will Img burn the file?
                      For starters, I'd try this with SL media...maybe an RW
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Since you have ImgBurn installed, turn on OPC (Optimum Power Calibration) a little mini burn thing Img does to establish laser power required for the media. If that fails it is likely the laser going south, and don't get sidetracked because it still burns CDs that is a completely different laser in the drive that burns CDs.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                          Well, as always, great advice from my 2 pals....
                          bummer that you're still skunked.

I note that you...
                          "Tried different movie/burner and received new error:",
                          ...but I only see logs from the HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GSA-T50L

Maybe I missed the other burner?....at 63, my eyes and mind aren't improving...lol

I think this is an LG/Hitachi burner and Img shouldn't have any trouble bitsetting the +R media.
                          Damn peculiar that it fails bitsetting, particularly since SR09 is the most recent fw from ASUS.

In perusing the net, it appears this burner has had its problems.
                          Right now, I'm leaning toward 90312's suggestion of a belly-up burner.
                          Still, there's hope...

Would you please open Img, then click on > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order
                          and post the results here.

Here is some additional info on upper/lower filters:
                          This article describes a problem with CD or DVD drives not work, or is missing, or not recognized after installing or uninstalling programs.

Does this burner burn anything at all?
                          External of Fab?

Have you tried to rip an .ISO file to your hdd with Fab, then close down Fab.
                          Now open the .ISO with Img as an independent app.
                          Will Img burn the file?
                          For starters, I'd try this with SL media...maybe an RW
                          maineman: Thanks for the feedback & you eyes are just fine. Its just my limited IT knowledge (which is why Google & I don't get along ). What I was referring to was one of the different "Burning Engines" fr DVDFab. Only thing that still "Burns" is CD's which 90312 addressed for me (again my limited IT knowledge ) I posted the results you requested & will try your other recommendations. Again, Thank you for your support.
                          ===============================================
                          Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.7.0
                          ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
                          Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
                          Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
                          Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
                          Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
                          File Name: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
                          File Version: 2.02.02.00 [2.2.2.0]
                          File Description: CD DVD Filter
                          Product Name: CD DVD Filter
                          Product Version: 2.02.02.00 [2.2.2.0]
                          Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
                          Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2011
                          Gotta B the burner

Comment

Since you have ImgBurn installed, turn on OPC (Optimum Power Calibration) a little mini burn thing Img does to establish laser power required for the media. If that fails it is likely the laser going south, and don't get sidetracked because it still burns CDs that is a completely different laser in the drive that burns CDs.
                            90312; Thanks for the additional support. I will turn on OPC in ImgBurn once I figure out exactly where it is and give it a try. I have read on here that Laptops are not exactly the best for burning/copying DVD's. Do you have a recommendation for a external burner? Again, thank you very much for all your help.
                            Gotta B the burner

Comment

Open ImgBurn by the desktop icon and outside of DVDFab. Click tools/settings/write and click in the box, see attached:
                              Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X