• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert PAL DVD to NTSC during copy

Convert PAL DVD to NTSC during copy

Can I do that? am I missing a setting?

Anyone got a quick run down on how to?

I have some PAL movies that won't play on all of our DVD players.

That cannot be done with DVDFab but there is other software that can do it.

Use google to search for then.

Comment

I was hoping I already could is all, for the price of buying software just for that, I could pick up a couple of $20 walmart DVD players that could play them.

Comment

Like I said use google..............

There are lots of free software that will do what you want.

Comment

I have a PAL DVD and I made a NTSC copy. However, it was quite a while ago but I'm pretty sure (if my memory is correct) that what I did was download it onto my hard drive using DVD Fab and then burned it from the hard drive with Nero and it plays on all of my DVD players. I'm positive that is all I did.

Comment

DVD Fab has NEVER EVER converted PAL to NTSC.

What you may have done is remove the region protection and your players are capable of playing PAL.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Nero will convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa. Perhaps that is the step in the process that was not mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry E View Post
                Nero will convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa. Perhaps that is the step in the process that was not mentioned.
                Yes it will but it is not a free software and gator indicates he does not want to spend any money to get the job done.

I am thinking DVD Shrink will do it but cannot remember for sure. It is a free software.
                Has been way to long since I used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Baron View Post
                  Yes it will but it is not a free software and gator indicates he does not want to spend any money to get the job done.

I am thinking DVD Shrink will do it but cannot remember for sure. It is a free software.
                  Has been way to long since I used it.
                  Nope, DVD Shrink will not do NTSC to PAL and vice versa either.
                  If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post

What you may have done is remove the region protection and your players are capable of playing PAL.
                    EXACTLY!

Many players are multi-format and capable of playing both NTSC and PAL.
                    As others have pointed out, just because the PAL disc plays ok after removing the region code,
                    doesn't mean the format has truly been "converted".

If it plays ok and you're happy with it...

Fuhgeddaboutit...
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post

Nope, none of my players would play the PAL disc. However, it is quite possible that Nero converted the files for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Done4it View Post
                        Nope, none of my players would play the PAL disc. However, it is quite possible that Nero converted the files for me.
                        I'm not challenging what you did, nor how the resultant files played, but again, simply decrypting with Fab and burning with Nero would not convert PAL<--->NTSC

You'd have to reencode and manually alter both the framerate and the resolution to actually convert PAL <---> NTSC

Here's a guide illustrating several software options to achieve this.
                        Nero Recode is on page 2:

Bottomline, like I said in post #10, if it plays ok and you're happy with it...

Fuhgeddaboutit...
                        Last edited by maineman; 06-27-2012, 04:25 AM.
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                        X