Original DVD not always eject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original DVD not always eject

The past couple of weeks and with the latest and also the prior versions of DVDFAB Copy I have run into a problem with the original DVD decrypting as usual, and then instead of ejecting the original so I can put in a blank to be burned, the blue rectangular says to put in a writeable dvd, etc. but the original DVD does not eject from the DVD burner to allow me to do so. This occurs in two different Windows XP, SP3 machines and with only certain DVDs, none of which are new releases, eg., History Channel's "The Spanish American War." and some of the Eyewitness childrens series.

As stated, it has just started to happen recently and because it occurs on two different computers, I am puzzled. I have to cancel the activity and then close out DVDFAB in order to eject the original disc. By that time, of course, I can no longer make the backup.

Today I backed up a DVD of a regular movie and it worked just fine. Then, when I tried to back up the History Channel one and another travel DVD, the originals would not eject after decryption. I tried enabling, disabling pathfinder to no avail. I can neither see nor think of what else could be going awry.

Any ideas?

Hi nikalseyn
    Is Fab set to eject the disc?
    Please Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > DVD/Blu-Ray > Read makesure the box is checked, write also has a box to check when done burning.

It may also be your burner, I have a drive that the tray sticks and have to press the thing about 5 times before the thing will open, and other times it opens on the first try.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR929. Everything was checked to eject in Fab, and when you mentioned it could be a bad burner, I swapped it out for a new one I had gotten a year or so ago and never used. Even tho the burner(Lite-On)is only 1 1/2 years old, it apparently was on it's way out with intermittant problems. The new one works just dandy.

Thanks for suggesting the bad burner possiblility. I would not have thought a relatively new one would be the problem. Sometimes the simplest solution is the answer. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi nikalseyn
        Glad it's working for you now.
        It just so happens that the drive that is giving me problems is also a Lite-On
        My LG works perfect
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I spoke too soon

I guess I spoke too soon. The same problem happened again after backing up the first of two DVDs I wanted to do. Thus, it isn't the Lite-om burner but a problem within this seven year old computer. I could of saved myself the trouble of swapping out burners. Now I have two good burners, it would appear. Glad I didn't throw it out yesterday.

The problem with it not ejecting after decrypting is intermittant and sometimes it works as usual and then the next time it doesn't eject. I then have to revert back to DVD Shrink to burn the backup. Just frustrating, that's all.

The good thing is that I have a new computer being shipped on 25 July. I had been thinking it might be time to get a new desktop and I was right, tho I will miss Windows XP. At least I have a nice, new laptop I can use in the meantime.
          It's always something. At least I know the problem is in the machine and not with FAB or the burner(s).

Thanks again for your help and advice. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X