Playable DVD from ISO File?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
    My guess is another program has control of your drive...
    Sounds more as the build of the ISO was not done by ImgBurn.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
      Sounds more as the build of the ISO was not done by ImgBurn.
      Hi Gummigutta
      You may be right, mine is not an ISO but a folder using Build mode, I'm going to test a ISO when I get a chance.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the edits - Sorry about that, won't happen again.

Here is my Driver Load Order

===============================================
        Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.7.0
        ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
        Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
        Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
        Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
        Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
        File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
        File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
        File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
        Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
        Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
        Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
        Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
        File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
        File Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
        File Description: CD DVD Filter
        Product Name: CD DVD Filter
        Product Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
        Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
        Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2009

Filter Name: PxHelp20
        File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
        File Version: 2.03.32a [2.3.32.0]
        File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
        Product Name: PxHelp20
        Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
        Company Name: Sonic Solutions
        Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: imapi
        File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
        File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
        File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
        Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
        Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
        Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
        Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Comment

Update 2

I have a bigger problem then not being able to "save data" from an ISO file:

First for clarification: Windows can find my optical drive, it just can't find the media after a write attempt. If I put in the source movie disk I can see the folders and their contents just fine.

BIGGER PROBLEM: (not sure if I should create a new post for this)
          I guess I can live without the "Save Data" feature. Whats most important to me is to copy some of my DVD collection to a PC connected to my Television and store my collection on the HD array.

I am somewhat fussy about image quality. My hopes were that watching a ISO file from the HD would be exactly the same as watching the original DVD in my DVD player. Is This Possible? I hate to stress this but before I invest more in this project is it really possible once I work out all the bugs. Otherwise I will keep feeding my DVD player.

Last night I watched my first movie from an ISO file. This file was created with just DVDFab Copy (not using ImgBurn). Every so often in the movie (maybe 6 times during the entire film) it pauses and then continues. It at first looks like the pause when a DVD player switches layers except maybe 50% longer, but if you watch closely it actually pauses and skips. My best description is a "glitch".
          I tried the other Movie ISO files (only have 4 at this time) and they all do it.

I am still in the process of building my "Video Server" but I am watching them on what I would think is a machine with plenty of juice to play them, but maybe not. Does this sound like a resource problem or another issue with the coping?

Thanks for all your help, you guys have been great. I do appreciate it!
          Steve

Comment

Hi SAS

I would delete this Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20 it is know to cause problems, just remember that whatever program installed this filter may no longer work correctly, and you do this acknowledging that fact.

To do this you would use ImgBurn and Open ImgBurn > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order click on the filter click the box remove selected filter, you may have to restart your computer.

If you intention is to back up your movies on Hdd, then maybe the ripper option is also for you, give this thread a read through from my friend GregiBoy maybe he will chime in and set you on the right path

I have done some conversions and watched on computer and also from a USB flash drive thru my Blu-Ray player and the results were amazing, I could not tell the difference from the disc and the converted file.

What are you using for a player to watch these movies?
            Please try VLC found here or MPC here and see if you still have the same playback pauses.
            Kinda sounds like a buffering issue.

Hope this helps
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

I will read the thread from Gregiboy.

I am using VLC to watch the ISO files. It seemed like a buffering issue to me also, but it happens in the same spot every time.

As long as I get the thumbs up from you guys about quality I will proceed with building a machine specifically for this task (more system mem, video mem etc.) and then address the problems from there. I really appreciate all of your help but maybe it would be best to actually solve the problems on the machine that it dedicated to this purpose instead of the machine that is dedicated to making me a living.

Is there a thread addressing recommended hardware?

Steve

Comment

Hi SAS
                If you look around in the general questions and general chat forum you will find a world of information.

Here are a few on hardware and media players

CBR929

Comment

Honestly, I would recommend a Media Player instead of a new machine to play the files.

Lots more Cheapah and a lot more easy peasy.

Plenty of posts on the forum. Maybe search for AIOS or PIVOS.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sorry Niner,

You beat the "OLD FART" again!!!

At least I beat Maineman!!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi Steve, I did all the backups of my DVD into external drives (WD 2 Tb; USB 2) like iso, MKV, VOB, m2ts and I'm using a WD HDTV mediaplayer (HDMI). I have no problems with this configuration and it's not really expensive (about 250 USD 1 drive + mediaplayer)

Comment

Working...
                      X