Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret World of Arrietty

"Error when reading"

I have not been able to open THE SECRET WORLD OF ARRIETTY dvd, it is stuck on "analyze Title1"

I have tried with pathfinder on, off, and only when needed. Running 8.1.9.8. Please Help.

Hi ronin559
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Secret World of Arrietty

have you tryed to clean the disc???
      if that don't work it could be a bad/defective disc
      return to the store for an exchange
      also your dvd drive might need cleaning,try that

Comment

Mine worked fine

Easy way to check the disc first is to try and create an image using image burn that will tell you if the disc is bad. DVDFab 8.1.9.8. took 9:23 to create my 100% copy to hard drive, I always do that first, then convert to 4.5 from hard drive. On conversion analyze took about the same amount of time (3 seconds) and the total conversion took 8:59
        Last edited by signals; 08-01-2012, 04:05 PM. Reason: forum policy

Comment

Originally posted by Tybarius View Post
          Easy way to check the disc first is to try and create an image using image burn that will tell you if the disc is bad. edited DVDFab 8.1.9.8. took 9:23 to create my 100% copy to hard drive, I always do that first, then convert to 4.5 from hard drive. On conversion analyze took about the same amount of time (3 seconds) and the total conversion took 8:59
          If he is using DVDFab, he dont need other decrypter.

Comment

That is correct but

The point here is that DVDFab is the program they are using that they believe is causing the problem, I am simply telling them how to check the disc itself for defects nothing more. Obviously things are not cut and dried I simply am responding to an earlier post suggesting they replace the disc. I personally would like to be sure that was the case before replacing the disc, only to find that the problem still exists. My point is as I have found many times on my own that alot of the problems I've come accross were not even DVDFab's fault, OS, type of media or even the burn engine choice all matter. Also If DVDFab copied mine easy enough and not theirs that doesn't mean anything, that I've learned. They may have a different version of the same disc or it could be that their hard drive is full and has no room to work with highly unlikely but possible. All we wish to do here is help someone make a copy which in itself is a process of elimination. Once you know what is isn't you're closer to what it is.

Comment

Thanks for the trouble shooting advise Tybarius, I check the disk as I always do and tried using both the trays in my computer (Blu-ray and DVD). It could be a bad disk, if you have successfully ripped this title then I am encouraged, It might just be a setting or I might need to just re-install the DVDfab. I did have an issue when i first opened the new version of DVDfab, it said I had out of date drivers for my graphics card. I downloaded new ones and installed them without issue, but I might have to retry installing everything again. I will do some tests on other disks before i go to that first.

in the mean time i attached my log, hopefully the team can find a fix.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi ronin559
                This may be a new copyright encryption, I don't know.
                You are receiving read errors, so it may be a bad disc.
                Did you try cleaning the disc as suggested?

To see if you have a bad disc please download VSO Inspector found here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...nspector.shtml

Put the movie in your computer and play it with a soft player (like Windows Media Player) as the movie is playing, pause it, but do not close the program.
                Now start VSO Inspector and scan the disc, if it is bad you will have alot of errors.
                Hope this helps
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Ronin559, if the dvd is region 1, i can tell you that this movie doesn't has structural protection, only CSS. So maybe you have a defective disc or there is a bug in dvdfab.

Comment

Working...
                  X