This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning zone 2 (Europe - PAL) DVDs

I have burned over 50 DVDs (US - Zone 1 - NTSC) over the last couple of months (copied to my hard drive using DVD to DVD with my HDD as target location) and everything has been going very smoothly, no issues to report.

Unfortunately, my issues started today as I have been trying to now burn my European DVD collection (Zone 2 - PAL). For some reason, after I insert the disc, and after I enter zone 2 from the region pop-up window, the DVD is then scanned as usual but for some reason it doesn't get recognized in the source location and I cannot start the process. In the source location, it is telling me to insert a DVD or provide a image folder location, which is weird because those DVDs work perfectly well and I can launch the movies and explore the folders from my windows explorer.

What's even more strange is that some of my European DVDs do work in DVDFab (a minority, e.g. U-571, Malcolm X...) while most do not get recognized (e.g. Heat, the Mummy, the Negotiator, etc...).

I have above 400 European DVDs and need to find a solution for those...

Has anyone had that problem before? Thanks for your help.

Firstly update to the latest version of Fab, 6.1.2.0 links in my signature below.

Then go into settings and make sure Region 2 is selected.

Try it first with Pathplayer always enabled but if this does not work, try with Pathplayer disabled.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
    X