X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about using 2 drives together

friends,

excuse me if this is old news - i couldn't find a thread about it.

*i have a laptop with an internal dvd burner. i also have an external dvd burner.

can i use dvdfab and another program to do this?......

*example*

put my original dvd (let's say "shrek")in the laptop. put a blank dvd in the external burner. have dvdfab do it's thing and out comes my copy from the external burner.

is this possible? with just a click or two?

or is dvdfab only able to work with just one burner?

thanks so much! all help is appreciated.

Sure, this is no problem at all.
    Simply select any location (burner, hdd, etc., ) as your Target

//Edit
    Not sure what you're asking about another program.
    Sure, you can use an outside burn utility, but Fab will do it all
    Last edited by maineman; 12-11-2009, 05:03 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hello, Dorrell. Welcome to the group.
      Just in case you get really curious, it's possible to copy two completely different dvd's at the same time with two burners, and it doesn't take much longer to do that than it does copying two dvd's singly.

Comment

wow

I was always curious about trying to do just that, but didn't.
        Thanks

Comment

I use 2 DVD drives all the time when I do my back ups I use one for the reading and another for the burning.

Dorrell since you have laptop use the internal for the reading and use the external for the burning and it should be fine as that what I do when I use my laptop

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            I use 2 DVD drives all the time when I do my back ups I use one for the reading and another for the burning.

Dorrell since you have laptop use the internal for the reading and use the external for the burning and it should be fine as that what I do when I use my laptop
            Plus you will add life to the laptop doing it this way as they run really hot during the burn cycle and after time could damage your laptop

Comment

I use my old acer (piece of crap) laptop for doing my backups. I use an external burner too. I read an write on it. Very portable and handy.

Comment

when using 2 drives together - should i be using imgburn to do this??

right now - i'm using nero to burn iso files.

thanks!

Comment

I believe (as many of us here) that Img is the best burn app of its kind on the planet. The fact that someone is using 1, 2 or 6 burners doesn't matter
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Dorrell View Post
                    when using 2 drives together - should i be using imgburn to do this??

right now - i'm using nero to burn iso files.

thanks!
                    That would be your choice to make.
                    I have used both and prefer imgburn over nero.

imgburn seems to give me a better quality copy.
                    Use both to do the same movie and then compare them to see it there is a difference or not.

Comment

when using 2 drives does DVDFab always copy to a temp directory prior to burning? How about when from a folder?
                      I'm a PC and I play Poker

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyCowboy View Post
                        when using 2 drives does DVDFab always copy to a temp directory prior to burning? How about when from a folder?
                        I will answer this even though you not the OP of this thread but this is useful info for anyone who wants to use a second DVD Drive. DVDFab always copies to a temp folder even if 2 drives are used as it helps keep the errors from happening. When you copy from folder it goes straight to burn if you use a file that does not need compression as it already saved on computer. If you need compression then it will save to temp folder first and then burn from that

Comment

when using imgburn and fab, how long does it take you all to rip/burn 1 movie? using 2 dvd drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorrell View Post
                            when using imgburn and fab, how long does it take you all to rip/burn 1 movie? using 2 dvd drives.
                            same amount of time it takes when using just one DVD drive but the times are different depending on the computer Specs the user has. It takes me about 15 to 25 minutes to rip and burn a movie using 2 DVD drives and ImgBurn as the burn engine

Comment

Working...
                            X