This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Backing Up GI Joe, Night Museum 2

First time posting here, been using dvdfab for a long time, never really had many problems a new version or updating couldnt fix however been having 1 issue of late that just doesnt seem to go away.

When attempting to backup movies lately, IE: Night at the Museum 2, GI Joe, Public Enemies etc. (mostly released within the last couple of months) I encounter the following problems, initally the discs wouldnt be read by dvdfab at all, (sometimes not even by my laptop/pc but thats another issue for another day and a replacement dvd drive lol) however after getting them to read play etc, after attempting to backup the movies, in main movie mode as there is no need for me to retain the useless menus etc on a backup version. Each backup made the first segment of the VTS files normally VTS_01_1 plays perfectly, but in almost every instance the VTS_02_2 has commentary through it, and not directors commentary but this weird commentary that tells you everything that's happening when people arent talking, kinda like someone is reading the script to you.

IE: "Shadowstrike enters plane and anna follows him". (from gi joe)

Is there something im doing wrong? in every instance the track selected is the only track in the listing that is longer then 30 mins in most instances there is only 1 track that is an hour plus in the selection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: i rarely get mid read errors etc (and if i do its usually solved by an update), this is the only problem im experiencing recently that i cannot seem to resolve by getting the lastest version of the software.

Could you post a log for us.
    I have done both of these movies and did not have that problem.
    Region 1/4 move only.

I would like to see if the log will tell us anything.

Comment

Use VLC to play the hard disk rip and play the folder, not the individual VOB's and let us know the result of this also.

The reason that I say this is that although the VOB's contain the audio and video tracks, it is actually the IFO files that contain the information on what to play.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

i will redo the disc, and post the log asap. not currently at home.

i will try the VLC suggestion, currently i play the movies in mediaplayer classic and i do select each individual file so that could be the issue, ill also attempt that and see what happens.

will keep you posted.

Comment

nvm, the problem seemed to be the player i was using media player classic kept giving me the weird audio commentary but if i play it directly off my WD media drive through my HDD (which doesnt play each individual it plays the selection as a whole) there is no weird commentary.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X