This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which file is really the "Main Movie"?

When performing a "Main Movie" DVD to DVD copy, I am presented with two large file size options of almost equal sizes. By default one is selected, but I am wondering what the other large file is. When I play them individual through the viewer, they appear to be different. Any assist would be appreciated.

I have always backed up DVD9 to a compressed DVD5, however, since getting my HD TV and seeing the quality lost with the compression, I am experimenting with the Main Movie backup instead. But then when presented with two large files options, it got rather confusing.

Thanks all...

I think one would be widescreen and the other fullscreen. play the dvd in you dvd player to find out what those are as sometimes they are the movie with the commentary through it all as well

Comment

Yeah, there's no way to answer this sort of general query with a specific solution. You would have to specify the particular disc.
      There could be a number of possibilities as AGJ pointed out.

Additionally there can be a theatrical release, director's cut, uncut version, etc., etc.
      You may also get different options depending on whether or not PathPlayer is enabled.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I withdraw my question, after giving it a couple more minutes of thought. I was just being stupid... Its True Blood and each disc has more than one episode, so what I was obviously seeing were two episode files on the disc.

Sorry for the brain fart...

Comment

Working...
        X