Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 Preview doesn't work right for me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 Preview doesn't work right for me.

Hi there.

I have the latest version of DVDFab (version 6.2.0.5) and the Preview doesn't work right for me. Here's what's happening.

In the default setting, with the bullet in "DirectShow", the Preview plays the audio, but the screen is black.

With the bullet in "Internal", the Preview plays the video, but no audio is heard.

What's wrong? I'm pretty sure this used to work fine on my machine in past versions of DVDFab. I tried older versions of DVDFab that I still had, just to see how the Preview played and to my surprise, they too didn't work correctly. They worked just as this most recent version does.

I even tried reinstalling my entire operating system from scratch (Windows XP Professional) -- even formatting my Drive C so that it was totally virgin. I then installed Windows XP Service Pack 3 and its updates. Then finally, I installed DVDFab as the first program and tried out how Preview played and it was still the same as before. Do you have any ideas what's going on and why DVDFab is malfunctioning as I described above?

My system has installed on it the DirectX 9.0c runtime. See below. I surmise it's part of either Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3 that I installed after the main operating system disk of Windows XP was finished with its installation.

It's weird why it doesn't work. I installed Cyberlink's PowerDVD and it too now shows as a decoder to choose from in that box under "DirectShow Filter / Video Decoder:". If I select it ("CyberLink Video/SP Decoder") instead of "DVDFab Video Decoder", it plays with sound and picture but not in the little Preview screen of DVDFab in the lower-left. It opens a separate big screen that says "ActiveMovie Window". See below.

Comment

I was getting help from toaddub over on the CDR-Zone forum and he referred me to you guys for further assistance. He says that the movie plays fine for him in the Preview window on his machine. Here's what I wrote to him regarding how the movie is playing on my machine.

Originally posted by toaddub
      It plays in the little preview window for me, not a separate screen. How do you get it to play in the separate screen? I double-click on it and it plays full screen on monitor.
      Hmm. That is weird! All I do is, say I want to split a movie. I click on "Split" in the left pane. I then click on the yellow folder to select the source (in this case "Trading Places"). I select and click on the "Trading Places" folder. Then immediately, the movie opens the blue-framed "ActiveMovie Window" window. It plays with picture and sound. And get this: If I close that "ActiveMovie Window" window, I still hear the audio playing, but no picture is playing in the Preview screen. The slider is moving along, but the screen remains black throughout -- even when the "ActiveMovie Window" window was open. If I click on another title on the list to play, it'll open in the "ActiveMovie Window" window and play as the previous title was playing.

Originally posted by toaddub
      You may want to ask technical support to troubleshoot for you or ask in the official dvdfab forum why choosing DvdFab decoder doesn't work.
      I guess I'll have to. I don't know why it's behaving this way on my machine. It's really irritating and frustrating to not know what the hell's causing this.

Comment

Default Re: please check my site
        Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it had worked.

Comment

zZz, I can confirmed all the symptoms exactly as you've described in Post #1 and #2 under the same WinXP, DirectX and DVDFab environment. Don't know the cause(s) either--not just your PC though.

I also checked on my Win7Ux64 system, and DVDFab preview works there.

Comment

Originally posted by tli View Post
            zZz, I can confirmed all the symptoms exactly as you've described in Post #1 and #2 under the same WinXP, DirectX and DVDFab environment. Don't know the cause(s) either--not just your PC though.

I also checked on my Win7Ux64 system, and DVDFab preview works there.
            Hi tli.

So, just so that I understand what you said, you're saying that YOU TOO have experienced the same exact problems I described in my Post #1 and Post #2 on a PC with Windows XP Professional (I take it 32-bit) but it works fine on your Windows 7 64-bit system? Correct?

If so, I sure hope that the DVDFab technical guys fix this problem. It's a real pain in the butt to have to look at/play all the titles in silence in the Preview screen in the lower-left. Like I said already, I'm like almost 100% positive that DVDFab's Preview screen used to work fine in earlier versions and on this same machine of mine. I just noticed this boo-boo with this version of DVDFab.
            Last edited by zZz; 12-14-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Guys, I just checked this on an XP SP3 machine that I occasionally use, Fab Ver 6.2.1.0.

I used an ISO rip of Star Trek XI that I have on my hard disk.

Using the "internal" option, I got no sound.

Using the "Directshow" with the ffdshow filters that I have installed, I got no sound.

Using the "DirectShow" option with the DVDFab Video decoder and the DVDFab Audio decoder, it worked perfectly.

PS: I have the DXVA turned off.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by zZz View Post
                So, just so that I understand what you said, you're saying that YOU TOO have experienced the same exact problems I described in my Post #1 and Post #2 on a PC with Windows XP Professional (I take it 32-bit) but it works fine on your Windows 7 64-bit system? Correct?
                Yes, correct.

... Like I said already, I'm like almost 100% positive that DVDFab's Preview screen used to work fine in earlier versions and on this same machine of mine. I just noticed this boo-boo with this version of DVDFab.
                To be honest, I hardly ever use the preview function so I would not be able to confirm when the problem started with which version.

I did a bit more testing on two other older WinXP Pro 32-bit boxes I'd around for misc testing platforms. Same observation that DVDFab 6.2.0.5 preview function did not work on these two PCs too, along with my previously reported observation above done on an older WinXP laptop.

On one of the boxes, I still had DVDFab 5.2.3.2 installed, and preview function worked with this earlier version but, again, not with the latest 6.2.0.5 release. Thus, you are correct in stating that preview did worked at one time with earlier versions.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post

Using the "DirectShow" option with the DVDFab Video decoder and the DVDFab Audio decoder, it worked perfectly.

DXVA was not available--grayed out--in all 3 of my XP test platforms. Don't know if it makes any difference, but just curious, what display adapter is in your XP system? All mine are ATI-based.
                Last edited by tli; 12-15-2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

This is really weird, because as I posted some time ago in a topic, the preview has NOT worked for me for ages, but DID suddenly start working again after I installed 6.2.0.5 and still does.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                    This is really weird, because as I posted some time ago in a topic, the preview has NOT worked for me for ages, but DID suddenly start working again after I installed 6.2.0.5 and still does.
                    You're using DVDFab on a Vista Home Prem machine, right? The latest 6.2.0.5 Preview worked on my Win7 machine too, but not on any of the three WinXP machines I'd tested with. Seems to affect only certain XP machines--that had Preview working previously with earlier versions of DVDFab.

Comment

You're using DVDFab on a Vista Home Prem machine, right?
                      Yes, exactly.

Comment

Was this when your Preview started working? When you changed over to a new machine running Vista? That's what I seemed to gather from your previous posts.

Comment

Was this when your Preview started working? When you changed over to a new machine running Vista? That's what I seemed to gather from your previous posts.
                          No, maybe I didn't explain it very well.

The preview when using DVDFab did not work at all on this computer until I downloaded and installed 6.2.0.5 and then it suddenly started working and has worked okay ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            Guys, I just checked this on an XP SP3 machine that I occasionally use, Fab Ver 6.2.1.0.
                            I used an ISO rip of Star Trek XI that I have on my hard disk.
                            Using the "internal" option, I got no sound.
                            Using the "Directshow" with the ffdshow filters that I have installed, I got no sound.
                            Hi GregiBoy.

Okay, I just checked the DVDFab website and clicked on the download link, but the version that's there that you can download is 6.2.0.5, not 6.2.1.0. Is the higher version available only to you moderators right now?
                            Last edited by zZz; 12-15-2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Hi GregiBoy.

Okay, I just checked the DVDFab website and clicked on the download link, but the version that's there that you can download is 6.2.0.5, not 6.2.1.0.
                              True.

However you can download 6.2.1.0 from THESE forums.
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-15-2009, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X