X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Onion Movie will not copy

Not sure why I'm having this issue.

Trying to backup The Onion Movie (region 1 - USA) and I get a read/write error at around 10% of reading.

I have changed the PathPlayer to all different settings, tried each, none allow me to backup my movie. All other movies work.

Any ideas?

Specs:
    DVDFab6.1.2
    Win Vista Ultimate
    2.4Ghz Quad
    6gb Ram

I guess for starters, take a look at:
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Did all those. Any other ideas?

Comment

Have you checked the original DVD with VSO Inspector (Free Download)?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Running right now. So far a stream of error reading sectors are being show (after 8.1%).

The movie plays with no issue. Could there be a problem with the CSS protection? Or do you think the disc is bad?

Comment

It wouldn't be CSS errors but may be either copy protection or a bad disk.

If this is the movie http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie/the-onion-movie/ , it was released in 2004 so I wouldn't suspect copy protection as protections that deliberately include disk errors have only appeared in the last 6 months or so, so I would have to suspect the disk.

Don't forget that ripping is a lot less unforgiving than playing !!!

Try this !!! Turn pathplayer on and attempt to do "Main Movie" only to a folder on your hard disk and let us know the results.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes thats the movie.

With Pathplayer on, I get "Reading / Writing error control" - Error while reading. Have to abort.

Pathplayer off, movie rips until 13.23% - Reading / Writing error control" - Error while reading. Have to abort.

Comment

Well, I would give the disk a thorough clean and polish and also blow out your optical drive with compressed air.

Other than that, I suggest that you try and lay your hands on another copy of the disk.

Comment

It must be the disc. The drive works fine, I was able to complete 3 other discs.

Comment

Working...
                  X