DVDFab8215 And previous won't start or uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab8215 And previous won't start or uninstall

To much time is being wasted on this, hopefully you can help.

I'm on Win 7 64bit and never had significant problems until installing this 8215 release in Oct 2012. No other material changes occurred on my computer.

The original problem was that it would not launch or show any start up screen even though it looked to be installed. A process would start in the task manager but nothing else occurred.

Now I can't uninstall it. It just hangs. I've tried to manually remove via registry deletion, but that doesn't work either. I've tried to install an older version of the program and that doesn't work either.

Things tried:
    -Rebooted several times, started the program in compatibility and 256 color mode, tried running as admin and no uac.

Any ideas?

Try a Google search for "uninstaller for windows". My personal favorite is Advanced Uninstaller Pro" which is free but there are many other free uninstallers.

Comment

I've never been pleased using restore points. Instead, I use Windows 7 built-in "Backup and Restore". Once a week, I create a system image of my booting drive and if things hit the fan, I simply reimage my drive (also making sure to save any work I created that week that I don't want to lose).

Edit: Obviously, the system image needs to be on a different drive.
      Last edited by Jeffie; 10-21-2012, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Hi carch321
        If you were having problems why did you not post sooner?
        Do you have any programs the use an auto play feature when a disc is inserted in the drive?

To uninstall Fab you need to do a clean uninstall of DVDFab8 because sometimes programs can get files that become corrupt. You can uninstall DVDFab with the uninstall program. Open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) wherever you installed DVDFab, delete the "DVDFab" folder. Open "c:\WINDOWS \ PREFETCH" clean all the relevant ".pf " files with DVDFab. Then restart computer and check if there are some related files left, if does, please delete them.

After that download CCleaner (it is free) found here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Run the cleaner making sure to check the Old Prefetch Data in the advanced tab.

After that run the registry cleaner until nothing is found.

Now reinstall DVD Fab again, this time save the installer, then open the installer, right click install as administrator.

Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I've tried most all of the suggestions before I posted the note such as CCleaner. I just tried the Advanced Uninstaller program and that does seem to remove everything, but now I can't get any version to install. It goes all the way to 100%, but then I get an error message saying "DVDFab is the all in one software package for copying blu-ray/dvd and converting video file. has stopped working."

It says this multiple times after attempting to install under administrator. I've tried to install various versions back to May all with the same result.

DVD Fab Profile Editor does launch.

Problem signature:
          Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
          Application Name: DVDFab.exe
          Application Version: 8.1.8.5
          Application Timestamp: 4fbe0e70
          Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
          Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
          Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
          Exception Code: c0000005
          Exception Offset: 00033325
          OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
          Locale ID: 1033
          Additional Information 1: 4da4
          Additional Information 2: 4da46b5aa091be7367b253418dbd0aa8
          Additional Information 3: 0e17
          Additional Information 4: 0e17d627d49e022c4a4f

Comment

Make sure the installer is not corrupt. The MD5 checksum for the v8215 installer is 14105BD4E7D49B58CFFE31C141ECD710. That is a very strange problem that I can't duplicate, same OS. I think a couple of users had similar problems once that turned out to be conflicts with the drivers for their video cards.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Resolution:

Just to close this out. I was able to fix this by reinstalling my nVidia drivers.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened to the drivers in the first place but by re installing the video drivers, DVD Fab was able to uninstall, reinstall, and operate without error.

Comment

Working...
              X