Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed To Read.

Failed to Read,

Game Of Thrones - Sea 01 - DVD 01 (2011).

Within a few seconds of Reading the DVD, the Error Message shows Up.

I wiped off the DVD, a few small scratches but it looks good.

Help.

Post the internal log ordman.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Game Of Thrones

Originally posted by ordman View Post
      Failed to Read,

Game Of Thrones - Sea 01 - DVD 01 (2011).

Within a few seconds of Reading the DVD, the Error Message shows Up.

I wiped off the DVD, a few small scratches but it looks good.

Help.

have you tryed to copy the other discs yet ??
      you might check your enable/disable pathplayer in settings and try again
      if the pathplayer settings don't work, return to the store and exchange
      for a new set.

Comment

Here are the Logs that I could find.

DVDfab Burn VSO

2012-11-05 18:19:35 ---- ******************** Log session stop 05-Nov 18:19:35.819 PID 3364********************
        2012-11-05 18:17:46 Info Current Drive selected : 1:1:0 - hp DVD-RAM GH60L RD01 [E] (Ide)
        2012-11-05 18:17:46 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
        2012-11-05 18:17:46 Info System default language : English (United States)
        2012-11-05 18:17:46 Info User default language : English (United States)
        2012-11-05 18:17:46 Info DLL Version : 4.0.21.489
        2012-11-05 18:17:46 Info DLL : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\vso_hwe.dll
        2012-11-05 18:17:46 Info Version : 8, 2, 1, 6
        2012-11-05 18:17:46 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\DVDFab.exe
        2012-11-05 18:17:46 Info OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
        2012-11-05 18:17:46 ---- ******************** Log session start 05-Nov 18:17:46.175 PID 3364********************

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVDfab Internal

DVDFab 8.1.8.5 (2012/05/24 18:11:37)

0m 02.79s: GPUAccelerate: 12351
        0m 02.79s: CUDA cap: 1
        0m 02.79s: Support coreavc decode: 0
        0m 02.79s: Graphics info: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 : 4.20 : 2.1
        0m 02.79s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.1.8.5 (2012/05/24 18:31:35)

0m 00.90s: GPUAccelerate: 12351
        0m 00.90s: CUDA cap: 1
        0m 00.90s: Support coreavc decode: 0
        0m 00.90s: Graphics info: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 : 4.20 : 2.1
        0m 00.96s: Qt Translator file load success
        0m 01.24s: Load config successful.
        0m 06.84s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
        0m 10.80s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
        0m 10.80s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 10.80s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
        0m 11.19s: Config ExBar successful.
        0m 11.19s: dvd2dvd have 8 elements.
        0m 11.32s: dvd2mobile have 29 elements.
        0m 12.07s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
        0m 12.08s: blu-ray2mobile have 18 elements.
        0m 12.53s: blu-ray23d have 7 elements.
        0m 12.69s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
        0m 12.72s: file2mobile have 28 elements.
        0m 13.42s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
        0m 13.45s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
        0m 13.80s: Config work ui controls successful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

You are way behind on updates, go here and get the latest version: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=19409

And go into common settings and set all the A/V codecs to software and give it a go.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I also have 'failed to read' errors on this dvd title and other recent dvd titles I've tried to copy (e.g., Hunger Games). In my case the 'failed to read' error occurs after a couple of minutes of trying to read the DVD. When I disable path player, the dvd is read but when I start the copy after selecting chapters to copy in the Custom page, the 'failed to read' error occurs within a minute or so. Using the same DVD drive on the same PC, The DVDs play with no apparent errors using VLC media player and other media players. Older DVDs (e.g., The Grinch) are copied without error using this same version of DVDfab (8.2.1.5). The internal log for my last attempt to copy Game of Thrones Season 1 Disc 1 is attached. All codecs are set to 'software.' Any other suggestions? I have not included the log for the session with Path Player disabled. Thanks in advance.
            Attached Files

Comment

Your log shows read errors, try cleaning it and check for scratches. Failing a good cleaning take it back to the store.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jbourg View Post
                I also have 'failed to read' errors on this dvd title and other recent dvd titles I've tried to copy (e.g., Hunger Games). In my case the 'failed to read' error occurs after a couple of minutes of trying to read the DVD. When I disable path player, the dvd is read but when I start the copy after selecting chapters to copy in the Custom page, the 'failed to read' error occurs within a minute or so. Using the same DVD drive on the same PC, The DVDs play with no apparent errors using VLC media player and other media players. Older DVDs (e.g., The Grinch) are copied without error using this same version of DVDfab (8.2.1.5). The internal log for my last attempt to copy Game of Thrones Season 1 Disc 1 is attached. All codecs are set to 'software.' Any other suggestions? I have not included the log for the session with Path Player disabled. Thanks in advance.
                try disabling path player but first play the movie in wmp find out what title is playing for main movie then when pathplayer disabled select the title that that wmp played see if that works
                hope it helps
                xjonatanx
                Last edited by Jonatan; 11-08-2012, 10:57 PM.
                ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

I am still having trouble with Game Of Thrones Sea 01 - DVD 01.

But had NO trouble with DVD 02 & DVD 03.

My settings are on software.

I cleaned the DVD.

It has a couple of small scratches, but should NOT bother the READ.

According to the ABOVE Post, he is also having trouble with DVD 01.

Comment

The post above has read errors if they happen to be in the main movie area of the disc it will likely never copy. Post your problem disc logs otherwise it is a guessing game.

Albert Einstein

Comment

if you have data error reading try to wash the dvd with any soap or liquid with gentle scrubbing and dried it with 100% cotton ........ dont worry your not scathing the data their is a protective layer

Comment

My issue as it turns out was, at least in part, a failing dvd drive. Replaced the 7 yr old, well used drive with a new BD burner and was able to read and copy the Game of Thrones disc without issues (with Path Player both enabled and disabled). The old drive was able to read some DVD discs, but not others. Took me a while to come around to the fact that the drive itself was failing since I had no problems with it on data discs (just burned a WIN 8 installation disc from an iso file and installed Win 8 on 3 different PCs with the disc burned on the failing drive). While my Game of Thrones disc was fairly scratched, the new drive read it without problems. Thanks for your suggestions/help.

Comment

Working...
                        X