Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DvdFab 8.2.1.8 Qt keep crashing my laptop

Hi there,

Since I have upgraded to DVDFab 8.2.1.8 Qt, it keeps crashing my laptop.
    I was thinking so far it was just an hardware issue, because I have no battery anymore on my laptop (just power cable connected), but I have the proof now it is due to DvdFab.

Yesterday I had to disable the path control function as DVDFab was not able to read a DVD I had, but today I have the same issue with this option enabled again with another DVD.

The only fact to open it and keep it open for few minutes is sufficient to make the laptop crash.

By crash I mean full switch off of the laptop just like you remove the power cable...

Any help would be more than welcome

That sounds heat related. Fooling around with DVD reads and writes on a laptop will generate a lot of heat and the safety built in will shut the system down to protect it. I mine did that once in a while so I bought one of those coolers with a USB powered fan underneath and problem solved. Blow out the vents, make sure the fan is running and it's set on a hard flat surface so it can breathe.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Many Thanks, Moderator ...
      I am not quite happy with this answer; although I recognize this can be a symptom ...

I have ripperd hundreds of DVDs with Dvdfab and only when I got upgraded to this version I have the issue now ... Is there a way I can install the previous version (I think I had 8.2.1.5 previously) to test ?

Br,

Comment

If DVDFab was the problem there would be thousands of posts like yours.
        Uninstall Fab, go into C:\windows/prefetch and delete all files that begin with dvdfab then run ccleaner (free download) on the registry until it finds no errors may take more than one scan. Download a fresh installer and reinstall.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X