Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having troubles with NEW set up of a LG Super Multi buner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having troubles with NEW set up of a LG Super Multi buner.

Hello,

I am using a computer that I have used now for many many years with DVDFab. Well I used it so much I burned out my buirner, so I broke down and bought a NEW ONE, a LG Super Multi GH22NP21 today and installed it on this again same computer I have used for many years.

Well first off I D/Led the NEW 8.2.2.2 QT since it has been a little while since I used it for this that way I was up to date. When I place ANY DVD into it and tried stripping it. I would first get read errors and I would choose try again and it would pick back up and keep going. Although this took MANY many many times of clicked Read error "Try again" button. Eventually it would strip the whole movie. When I placed a disk in to burn the back up copy, it would fail EVERY time.

Take the same movie and move it over to one of my other computers and I would NOT get ANY read errors, nor have any trouble coping a back up of the same movie.

I have NO CLUE what it can be, but would LOVE to get it up and going again like it used to be. Can ANYONE PLEASE HELP???????????

I placed the logs of one of the rips and burns, which again would do the same thing, no matter what movie I tried.

Thanks for any and ALL help!!!

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong section
    Attached Files

Did you set the region code on that new drive? That may or may not help but you should set it. The error you're getting means the drive just doesn't like the media you have, your best bet might be to install and use ImgBurn as your burning engine and turn on OPC (optimum power calibration). Set the region code first and give it a whirl.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Humm??

I think it is set, maybe I am wrong. I just check the properties for the DVD burner and it says"REGION 1" that is US, so that makes me even more confused on why it's not working or you thought it wasn't set. Could you walk me though it to check and make sure? P.S. Nero don't burn a copy either, does same thing.

Thanks!!
      Last edited by superiorventures; 11-24-2012, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        turn on OPC (optimum power calibration).
        Also can you step me through how to do this as well please?

Thanks again.
        Last edited by superiorventures; 11-24-2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Sounds more as your new burner doesn't like the ritek based brand you are using for discs to burn on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
            Sounds more as your new burner doesn't like the ritek based brand you are using for discs to burn on.
            If this is the s=case, I find it really STRANGE, due to the fact I have always used SONY DVD-R disk. I find I have less troubles out of SONY then any other disk I have tried though out the years of doing this.

Seems something, although I have NO IDEA what it could be, but somethings NOT set correctly, or the computer has lost it's settings that it used to have. (I just have run out of ideas.)

Comment

You could try to burn with 4x as the speed, as 8x seems to error out.

2012-11-24 01:26:35 Info Writing speed requested x8.0, effective x8.0
              2012-11-24 01:26:34 Info Available write speed: 16x ,12x ,8x ,4x
              2012-11-24 01:26:34 Info Media ID: RITEKF1

Comment

Open ImgBurn outside Fab and select "Tools" then "Settings" click the "Write" tab and check the box, see attached:

If your drive supports it a proper laser power level will be set for the media.
                Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Open ImgBurn outside Fab and select "Tools" then "Settings" click the "Write" tab and check the box, see attached:

If your drive supports it a proper laser power level will be set for the media.
                  OK will try this, but I also have the question of why DVDFab keeps getting read errors on brand NEW disk straight from the store, which it never did before, or is there something else that can cause this?

Comment

Brand new discs can have manufacturing defects that cause read errors or a bit of mold release on the surface. Give it a good cleaning with some Windex or something and see if it helps.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Brand new discs can have manufacturing defects that cause read errors or a bit of mold release on the surface. Give it a good cleaning with some Windex or something and see if it helps.

OK< lets run this outside and leave it there. (lol) I can take that same disk again like I said before and move it to one of my many other computers and DVDFAB works with -0- troubles, reading, writing ect. This is why I asked about that part.

Comment

Oh, well the OPC is not going to help you there. The drive may be a dud!

Albert Einstein

Comment

In NEED of SERIOUS HELP please! I really want to get this computer running again.....

I am just so confused, and can only think something has changed on the computer, then what it used to be. Knowing that this computer was a good work horse at one time, but when the old burner stopped even seeing the disk I stopped using it for a long time to burn back ups.

I broke down and decided to spend a little money and buy a new burner, yet it was not the same broand as I had before, I still tend to wonder if something hadn't got changed, not by my means, but something just happened.

If there is anyone out here that can take out the time I would need to go though everything STEP by STEP and check to see where the troubles might be. I WOULD BE MOST THANKFUL!!!

Being the DVD that I am using as a TEST "Savages" which is a perfect store bought copy and DVDFab when stripping it is getting READ ERRORS when trying to strip it, yet if I take the VERY SAME disk to another WORKING copier BACK UP computer and have NO TROUBLES even reading the disk, let alone NO TROUBLES coping the back ups at all.

THANKS AGAIN for ANY and ALL HELP with this.

Comment

In this computer that you got the read errors on the original source disc, did you have PathPlayer enabled in the settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                              In this computer that you got the read errors on the original source disc, did you have PathPlayer enabled in the settings?
                              Yes I have it set to ALWAYS on.

I am doing a test now with imgBurn and getting all kinds of errors. I will post it in a bit, once it's done.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X