Slow Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Speed

I have both version 8 and version 9 installed on my system. I tried to do a copy of a DVD with your version 9.0.12 and the program took 31 minutes to complete. I did the same disk with version 8022, and it was completed in 19 minutes. This to me is quite a difference. I did shrink the file from 5 GB down to DVD5 on both rips. Every thing was the same except for DVDFab version.
    I have also had several problems connecting to your server. It took most of the day to get the registration done.
    I have an Intel i7 930 CPU, 12GB RAM, and 3 TB free drive space. The week link is the Nvidia GT9400 video card.
    My biggest question comes about CUDA. It almost seems as if enabling hardware support slows the process even more. For me, with 4 logical and 4 virtual CPU's, what are the best settings to use to get a good fast rip?

I have also noticed that version 9 seems slower ripping movies than version 8. Has anyone at DVDFab done any testing to see if this is the case?
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Also slow with directory browse

I haven't paid that close of attention to the speed of rip, but I have noticed it is painful to browse my computer to locate files or DVD drives.

Comment

Slow VOB passthrough

Version 9.0.1.6 is so slow that it cannot fall down hard.

For comparisons sake I attempted to do a VOB passthrough of the movie "Moon" with Sam Rockwell. After multiple hours the passthrough was still not complete. I fired up DVD Decrypter and it shot through the movie in no time flat. Probably fifteen to twenty minutes. I'm sorry that I did not time it.

When using v8 of DVDFab my DVD drive would have the light lit up the entire time. When I run v9 the light is rarely on.

I am currently performing a VOB passthrough of Dirty Harry from the "Clint Eastwood: 35 Films 35 Years" set. V9 is reporting a whopping 1.57MB/s transfer rate. It should be happening much faster than that. It claims that it has 48:12 left and has copied 18.43% so far.

I just gave up and am now using DVD Decryter for comparative purposes. It is decoding that DVD at about 6.6x speed and rising. I did not see any options in DVDFab 9 on how to modify the default read speed for content. I will be installing the latest version of DVDFab 8.x shortly and hope to have a comparison to provide with regards to speed.

I do use DVDFab to perform any encoding on anything that I do. Instead I use FFmpeg for my encoding needs as I am rather particular about my content.

At this point I see two options:

1) Revert to the v8 version until this issue is resolved in v9.

2) Use DVD Decryptor which will not help me with my Blu-ray content.

3) Other.

Please advise what I should do or what log files I should provide.

My system specs just in case anybody has any questions:
        Mother Board (ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe LGA 1155)
        Mother Board Drivers (Latest)
        BIOS (1015)
        CPU (Intel Core i7 3770K at 4.2Ghz)
        CPU Cooler (KÃœHLER H2O 920)
        RAM (16GB Corsair Vengeance)
        PSU (CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W)
        GPU (EVGA GTX 580)
        Video Drivers (Latest WHQL)
        Case (LIAN LI Lancool PC-K10B)
        Hard Drives (5 Western Digital 1TB SATA drives)
        Operating System (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 w/SP1)
        3DMark 11 (http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5200296)

Comment

Speed comparison between v8 and v9

Update to recent post. I just installed 8.2.2.6 and rebooted my computer. V8 has an estimated time to completion of about eight minutes. It is currently copying information at 10.59MB/s. Significant improvement over what I had been experiencing as shown above.

I am hopeful for resolution to this issue soon.

Comment

Working...
          X