Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Drive Won't Take a Blank Disc of Any Kind! Argh!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Drive Won't Take a Blank Disc of Any Kind! Argh!!

So I've been using DVDFab for about 5 years. I just got a new laptop. A Toshiba Satellite P875-S7310 with a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8C0. I installed DVDFab V9 and V8. I didn't do anything special with the settings. I tried to burn my first disc and it seemed to copy to my computer just fine. It ejected my original movie then asked me to insert a blank disc.I put in a Sony DVD-R and it spit it right out. No matter which version of DVDFab I use it does the same thing. I even tried other disc brands.

I also downloaded a trial version of NERO just to see if I could indeed make a DVD copy and it worked just fine.

I contacted customer service TWICE and so far they have not been helpful and I can't just reply to them I have to create a whole new conversation with them everytime

These are some of the things I've tried in my settings:
    -Change my burning engine from DVDFab to VSO and back.
    -Tried to download IMG burn and DVDfab can't seem to locate it, nor can I when I'm in DVDFAB. I can open it from the desktop. It's called Infrared Recorder. Is that it?
    -Changed the DVD-5 writable media size

Honestly I don't really know what I'm doing in the settings? I'm just trying something. I'm about ready to give up and try a different program. Please help and I'll try to give as much info as I can come up with.

Thanks for listening to me wine

Post your internal log from DVDFab please.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Post your internal log from DVDFab please.
      Please excuse my ignorance in advance, but how do I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunun71 View Post
        Please excuse my ignorance in advance, but how do I do that?
        Hi Dunun71
        Please see pics
        Post your internal and burn log.

Originally posted by Dunun71 View Post
        -Tried to download IMG burn and DVDfab can't seem to locate it, nor can I when I'm in DVDFAB. I can open it from the desktop. It's called Infrared Recorder. Is that it?
        No, that is not it.
        Thanks
        CBR929
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CBR929; 12-06-2012, 01:14 AM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Ok logs are hopefully attached. Let me know what you see. Thanks for your patience and your help so far!
          Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have any insight on this matter?

Thanks!

Comment

If you installed ImgBurn in the default location and selected it as your burning engine in DVDFab it will find it without intervention from you.

I really believe that Matshita drive is the biggest part of the problem and you would be better served to get yourself an brand name external drive.

Albert Einstein

Comment

If you installed ImgBurn in the default location and selected it as your burning engine in DVDFab it will find it without intervention from you.

I really believe that Matshita drive is the biggest part of the problem and you would be better served to get yourself an brand name external drive.
                Bummer! I just bought this computer too. Never thought I would have to be so concerned about what drive I have? So what drive would you recommend? Also when I get a chance I will try the imgburn to see if that works. I finally found the right version.

Thanks again!

Comment

Yeah try ImgBurn first. I'm just not impressed by Matshita drives, laptop manufacturers use them because they're cheap.

Albert Einstein

Comment

driver issues on new laptop

Hi Dunum
                    Sorry your new laptop is causing so much trouble. Bummer. If you check out your driver in any search engine, it seems others have had problems also of not recognizing certain blank dvds. Not smart enough to know why. It is also discouraging when you buy a new electronic product and the serivice center is of no or very little help.
                    Couple thoughts. Have you got any other blanks besides the sonys. Chance maybe it will behave better with another brand. Personally I think the sony blanks are one of the best but maybe they don't play well with your dvd drive. Also did you set imgburn for the sony disk you tried to use. It isn't recognizing sony medie. Since you redid imgburn make sure sony disks are listed.
                    Good luck.
                    Buster

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys! I think I'm done with this laptop. Anyways I set up dvdfab and imgburn to work together per the how-to youtube vid on this site. Super simple. I got to the same point I always do and it spit my blank dvd right out again. Plus imgburn never opened on it's own. Probably because the drive wouldn't read the blank disc. So I cancelled the blank disc window and just manually opened imgburn and burned a disc from the temp file that was holding my movie. It worked. What a hassle though

What I can't figure out is why I can burn with no issues in Nero but not dvdfab?

In any case there are other things that are bugging me about this Toshiba. I think I'm going to exchange it for a dell with similar features and price point. But I suppose I have to check on the DVD drive before I buy anything. We'll see.

Thanks again for the support. It helped alot!

Comment

Matshita

I use a Matshita BD-MLT UJ260 (bluray external), under the Digitor name. Cheap, yes, but never a problem with it. It's powered by the laptop USBs so you don't need another wart. The original (interal) reader died in mid read.

Comment

I don't know anything about their external drives, but I stand by my contention that the OEM slim drives used by laptop manufacturers are crap.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Dunun71, can you post your internal and burn logs, the last attempt please. I have a hunch?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Dunun71, can you post your internal and burn logs, the last attempt please. I have a hunch?
                              Here you go. Curious what you find?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X