DVDFab 9.0.1.5 Crashing with Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 9.0.1.5 Crashing with Windows 7

I am using DVDFab 9.0.1.5 for Windows 7 and FAB crashes each time I start the program. I launch the program and able to see the DVDFab GUI accessing server information... and the program shuts down.

I used DVDFAb 9.0.1.2 without and problems. The only settings change I made to 9.0.1.5 was to the burning software, IMG Burn was set as the default for DVD and Blu Ray. I'm not sure if this could be the problem. Thanks.
    Last edited by MAP; 12-09-2012, 02:39 PM.

Hi,

Please post your log file.
    I've not reproduce the crash issue. Does DVDFab crash every time after change to ImgBurn as burning engine?
    Pleas uninstall DVDFab and do a clean by CCleaner, then reinstall DVDFab, see the result.

Wilson
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-10-2012, 04:00 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for your quick response. I upgraded to 9.0.1.6 this morning and I am no longer having any problems. Thanks.

Comment

I am having this same problem with v9.0.1.6. and also the latest version of 8. v8.2.2.5

Comment

Hi, ghendric

Did you update your graphics card driver to the latest? Does it crash every time when you starting DVDFab?
          And please update to the latest build 9017 and have a try!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I had the same problem and had to update my amd graphics card and when installing uncheck ADK RUNTIME.

Comment

Solution works

Originally posted by wheelchairman1039 View Post
              I had the same problem and had to update my amd graphics card and when installing uncheck ADK RUNTIME.
              Thanks for that - this also fixed MY same issue!

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                I am using DVDFab 9.0.1.5 for Windows 7 and FAB crashes each time I start the program. I launch the program and able to see the DVDFab GUI accessing server information... and the program shuts down.

I used DVDFAb 9.0.1.2 without and problems. The only settings change I made to 9.0.1.5 was to the burning software, IMG Burn was set as the default for DVD and Blu Ray. I'm not sure if this could be the problem. Thanks.
                I have the same issue (ver 9 crashing) on my primary Win7 with a Nvidia 8600GTS Card. I installed it on my other PC is a Win XP with ATI Radeon HD 2400) and it did the same thing. I am using the 8 series until I can figure this out

Comment

Originally posted by wheelchairman1039 View Post
                  Wheelchairman1039’s suggestion worked for me.

I had been successfully using DVDFab 8.2.2.6 on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit machine (AMD A10-5800K/ASUS F2A85-M Pro). However, after upgrading to Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit, DVDFab 8 would load into the “DVDFab has encountered a problem and needs to close” message with submission form. Trying a fresh DVDFab 9 installation (9.0.2.2) resulted in the program starting to load and then prematurely terminating. Uninstalling, cleaning with CCleaner, and reinstalling as administrator did not change anything—except increase my disappointment. Installing the Windows Media Center add-in had no effect.

Wheelchairman1039 gave me one last thing to try. The first thing I did was to run the APP’s Catalyst setup (AMD APP SDK v2.8), from which I uninstalled the AMD APP SDK CPU Runtime package, the Samples package, and the AMD APP SDK Developer package. I also uninstalled from the main Catalyst 13.1 installer the AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding component for good measure. DVDFab 8 then was able to load to completion and run. DVDFab 9 loaded, but into a low resolution screen mode. I subsequently realized that for some reason DVDFab 9 (9.0.2.2) kept installing on my machine with the boot into 800×600 screen resolution. Unselecting that option in the program’s Compatibility properties tab (i.e., right clicking on the DVDFab 9 program icon and selecting Properties) fixed that problem.

The next issue I had with both DVDFab 8 and 9 was that I was unable to use the AMD APP hardware acceleration CODEC options, which made sense since I had just removed the APP SDK package. I was able to obtain fully functional DVDFab 8 and 9 programs and have the complete AMD Catalyst 13.1 package and AMD APP SDK v2.8 files up and running by downloading from AMD’s APP archive all the previous AMD APP SDK packages (v2.5-2.7) and sequentially installing each one. What I saw was that there were components in the earlier AMD APP SDK packages that were not present as install options in the V2.8 package. Once I installed the APP v2.5 package, DVDFab 8 and 9 both were able to provide AMD APP hardware CODEC acceleration. By stepping through each successive APP install package, I at least was assured that all the AMD software components were installed and then updated, and I observed that DVDFab hardware acceleration functionality was maintained after the last v2.8 install. Rerunning the Catalyst 13.1 installer and installing the AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding module did not adversely affect DVDFab.

I don’t know if my experience is typical. My guess is that during the Windows 8 upgrade and somewhere along the way of my trying to install the latest drivers for the system the AMD APP SDK v2.8 install package missed installing a couple components.

Whatever the reason, I want to thank Wheelchairman1039 and give hope to people who uninstalled the AMD APP SDK component to get DVDFab running that they may be able to restore AMD APP hardware CODEC acceleration.

Comment

Hi I'm new to DVDFab and I was having this same issue. I couldn't get any of the versions on the download page to install. It would simply crash at the end of the install, just before the setup screen. I was scouring the forums for a solution and uninstalling the SPP SDK runtime fixed my problem as well. I am running an older HD Radeon 4890 with catalyst 13.1 drivers. My question is do I need the SDK for anything if I am just decrypting the DVDs to my hard drive?

Comment

Originally posted by uid0gid0 View Post
                      Hi I'm new to DVDFab and I was having this same issue. I couldn't get any of the versions on the download page to install. It would simply crash at the end of the install, just before the setup screen. I was scouring the forums for a solution and uninstalling the SPP SDK runtime fixed my problem as well. I am running an older HD Radeon 4890 with catalyst 13.1 drivers. My question is do I need the SDK for anything if I am just decrypting the DVDs to my hard drive?
                      Unless you are developing software to use the graphics card capabilities no.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X