dvd fab crashes on startup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd fab crashes on startup.

When trying to install dvdfab 9016 it encounters an error and won't startup. I have used this for years and just now have the error. I have tried installing uninstalling and even running CCleaner, Usually it won't even install without an error but I installed IMGburn and now it didn't get and error installing and finished but when trying to run dvdfab it says it encountered this error.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: DVDFab.exe
    Application Version: 9.0.1.6
    Application Timestamp: 50cb05d5
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Offset: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Data: 00000008
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Have googled the crap outta this and no luck.

Comment

Hi wheelchairman1039
      If you have a graphics card please make sure that your drivers are up to date.
      When running CCleaner make sure to run the cleaner option first putting a check in the box in the advanced options "old prefetch data", then running the registry option until nothing is found.
      Down load a fresh installer here

then try reinstalling Fab
      Hope this helps
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Did everything you said and still have the same error.

Comment

Hi wheelchairman1039
          So to hear your still having problems.
          Did you also run the installer as administrator when installing Fab?
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

do you mean after installing right click and run as administrator. If so I have tried that and still no luck but if there is another way as administrator then I will need instructions. thx

Comment

Hi wheelchairman1039
              When you download the installer for DVD Fab click save.
              Browse to the folder you saved it in, right click run as administrator and install Fab as administrator.
              CBR929

Comment

Before I tried this I uninstalled fab ran CCleaner including the prefetch and the registry until clean, Redownloaded fab with your link and went to the folder where saved and right clicked and ran as administrator and after install when trying to run the program I still get the same error.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelchairman1039 View Post
                  Before I tried this I uninstalled fab ran CCleaner including the prefetch and the registry until clean, Redownloaded fab with your link and went to the folder where saved and right clicked and ran as administrator and after install when trying to run the program I still get the same error.

A trick I stumbled onto... please make sure that you have a DVD or BD in your drive and ready to go.

I was getting the same error as you, and this little "fix" stopped that error and now it starts normally,

DC

Comment

I remembered I was getting that KDBsync error installing the graphics drivers and after much searching it was suggested to uninstall the adk runtime and after doing that dvdfab works. WOOHOO. thx for all the help

Comment

I will give that a try thanks.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with DVDfab9.
                        I guess i'll have to wait for #10.

Comment

Hi, salvawhoray

Please reinstall your graphics card driver and ucheck adk runtime.

Wilson
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

DVDFab9020 crashes

Just updated it to DVDFab9020 and all it does is crash right off the bat.

trying to make a back up for Saving private ryan and it says to update my dvdfab so i did and still nothing but crashing.
                            I can't even get it to where I can change settings.
                            Last edited by 90312; 01-09-2013, 08:33 PM. Reason: Language

Comment

I've had this problem with v9 since day 1. On average, I'm able to bring it up once in ~50 tries. It usually crashes/hangs on startup. I've filed dozens of crash reports.

Machine details:

XP sp3
                              Nvidia 6500 gt w/ current drivers
                              Firewall opened for v9
                              Complete uninstall/reinstall as admin.

I've been using dvdfab for many, many years. It's gone downhill since v8 was introduced.

Comment

Working...
                              X