where is the proper place to save the dvd movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is the proper place to save the dvd movie

Do save to one of the blank disk on one of my drives or sometthing else?I use 2 drives D and E drives, the D is where the movie goes and I use the E drive to save is this correct?

That sounds right to me. Yes.
    Visualize Whirled Peas.

Comment

Drive

Not sure what you are saying, are you talking about burners or the HD's, on mine the D & E drives are burners and I copy on the D drive and burn on the E drive
      Paid Not To Work
      US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
      Proudly Served On
      USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
      6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

I take a different approach but first, the letter of the burner can be changed by the user so referring to them can be confusing. For example, I have 3 burners and I have labeled them T (top), M (middle) & L (lower). Regardless, it seems the approach the OP is asking about is if it's "correct" to backup from burner to burner. Here is a preferred method as it greatly reduces wear and tear on the burners (ODD - Optical Disc Drive), increases the likelihood of a successful backup and is much faster.

Copy the full disc of the original to your hard drive. After the full disc is on your drive, remove the original. Then copy the main movie, if this is what you want, to a blank. After ensuring that your backup works, delete the backup from your hard drive. Finally, always use quality media such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden and set the burning speed of DVDFab to "recommended".
        Last edited by Jeffie; 12-24-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
          I take a different approach but first, the letter of the burner can be changed by the user so referring to them can be confusing. For example, I have 3 burners and I have labeled them T (top), M (middle) & L (lower). Regardless, it seems the approach the OP is asking about is if it's "correct" to backup from burner to burner. Here is a preferred method as it greatly reduces wear and tear on the burners (ODD - Optical Disc Drive), increases the likelihood of a successful backup and is much faster.

Copy the full disc of the original to your hard drive. After the full disc is on your drive, remove the original. Then copy the main movie, if this is what you want, to a blank. After ensuring that your backup works, delete the backup from your hard drive. Finally, always use quality media such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden and set the burning speed of DVDFab to "recommended".
          This is the best way to do it so that you can check that the backup works before you delete it.

Comment

Working...
          X