Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab crashes upon startup-help!

Hi,
    I recently had to repair my HTPC with a Windows repair install since Windows Media Center had stopped working. Also replaced my ATI graphics card with an Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 2GB. DVDFab stopped running after these PC repairs (DVDFab crashes on start of program).

I have been running DVDFab on this media PC since 1st buildup without issues.

To attempt to repair DVDFab, I downloaded latest version of DVDFab to reinstall. Did a clean uninstall of both versions of DVDFab (was running 8QT and 9), ran Ccleaner and restarted PC a few times to proceed with new version of DVDFab install. Installed latest version 9 without problems, same with latest version 8 QT of DVDFab. But DVDFab still crashes upon startup-both version 9 and 8QT crash on startup. I repeated install and cleanup process at least 6 times, and DVDFab still crashes on startup every time.

I am stumped. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

PC Details: Gigabyte MB, Intel E8600 processor, Kingston 4GB DDR3 memory, Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 2GB OC Graphics card, 550 Watt silent PSU. All running on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Cheers
    Ramon

Hi ProfQ
    Did you also install the latest drivers for your GPU?
    It's worth a shot.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi ProfQ
      Did you also install the latest drivers for your GPU?
      It's worth a shot.
      CBR929
      Yes, I downloaded and installed all the latest drivers from the Nvidia website for the Graphics card.

Cheers

Comment

dvd fab

deleted
        Last edited by Jimbo; 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM. Reason: deleted dumb question
        Paid Not To Work
        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
        Proudly Served On
        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Originally posted by ProfQ View Post
          Yes, I downloaded and installed all the latest drivers from the Nvidia website for the Graphics card.

Cheers
          Hi
          Now after a long night, and that I'm fully awake, let me say thanks to CBR929 for his suggestion, and to all that have taken a look at my post.

Hopefully the forum members will help me find a solution. I am stumped!

A few details I forgot to mention-
          -These repairs of Windows Media Center and the change of GPU were prompted by my decision to make my media PC fully 3D capable.
          -Nvidia drivers in use are the latest version GeForce R310 drivers, version 310.70.
          -I also replaced my older Samsung Blu-Ray combo drive for an LG BH14NS40 Blu-ray Writer, marketed as fully 3D capable by LG.
          -Media PC is connected via HDMI 1.4 to an LG 3D TV, model # 47LM7600.

Finally, I reactivated my copy of Windows 7 before attempting all the re-installs of DVDFab.

Thanks,
          Ramon

Comment

Bump. Anyone?

Comment

Hi ProfQ
              You will need to do some testing your self.
              Try uninstalling your GPU and installing your old one.
              Uninstalling your current GPU drivers through add and remove programs and installing the latest found here http://www.geforce.com/drivers
              make sure to select either 32 or 64 bit operating system.
              Hope this helps
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hi ProfQ
                You will need to do some testing your self.
                Try uninstalling your GPU and installing your old one.
                Uninstalling your current GPU drivers through add and remove programs and installing the latest found here http://www.geforce.com/drivers
                make sure to select either 32 or 64 bit operating system.
                Hope this helps
                CBR929
                Hi CBR929,

Thanks for the suggestions.
                1.-I cannot go back to old GPU to test. The Old GPU was physically damaged (Broken HDMI pin), and I no longer have it.
                2-GeForce drivers. The drivers I have installed for my new GPU came from that Nvidia site you're referring to. I suppose I could remove the drivers and reinstall them, but There is nothing newer on offer from Nvidia. What do you think?

Fingers crossed.
                Thanks,
                Ramon

Comment

Please post dvdfab_internal.log, thanks.
                  DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                  http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hi ProfQ
                    The link I posted were for the drivers that came out Saturday which is 310.90.
                    CBR929

Comment

Hi ProfQ
                      The link I posted were for the drivers that came out Saturday which is 310.90.
                      CBR929
                      Hi CBR929.

I just saw the new Nvidia drivers this morning. Thanks!
                      Have installed these new 310.90 ones as well as the DVDFab Version 9.020 update that just came out, as suggested by DVDfab Support. New Nvidia drivers installed without a glitch, as did the new DVDFab updated version. Graphics card works perfectly, but DVDFab fails to start, as it did before. used CCleaner between installs and restarts, and tried Run as administrator, but DVDFab still crashes upon startup.
                      Have sent error report to Support as requested by them.

Again, let's hope. Strange thing is the only software that is not working on my media PC is DVDFab.

Thanks again,

ProfQ
                      Last edited by ProfQ; 01-10-2013, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Hi ProfQ
                        Are any internal logs generated that you can post?
                        CBR929

Comment

logs

Hi ProfQ
                          Are any internal logs generated that you can post?
                          CBR929
                          Hi CBR929

From the emails from DVDFab support, I understand logs do exist but not sure where. I just sent support the report files generated when DVDFab crashes (a zip file of just over 1MB). Seems there might be other logs at My Documents/DVDFab but will have to look for them.
                          Are you aware of how or where to capture any other internal logs?

Can try to post when I find them.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by ProfQ View Post
                            Hi CBR929

From the emails from DVDFab support, I understand logs do exist but not sure where. I just sent support the report files generated when DVDFab crashes (a zip file of just over 1MB). Seems there might be other logs at My Documents/DVDFab but will have to look for them.
                            Are you aware of how or where to capture any other internal logs?

Can try to post when I find them.

Cheers,
                            Hi ProfQ
                            Sorry it's still crashing.
                            No, I do not know of any other place.
                            By the way do you run any anti virus on this system?
                            CBR929

Comment

Hi ProfQ
                              Sorry it's still crashing.
                              No, I do not know of any other place.
                              By the way do you run any anti virus on this system?
                              CBR929
                              Hi CBR929
                              Yes, it's a drag. I've been running DVDFab and Microsoft Security Essentials on my media PC for more than a year. Never had any conflicts, never ran without antivirus, and do periodic full scans. Before MSE, was running Norton, but gave me headaches.
                              During these tests of DVDFab crashing, I even tried to run DVDFab with the A/V off. Nothing has worked.
                              By the way found were the log files are located. If you still want to see them to troubleshoot, I can grab them later tonight and upload the logs here.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X