This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Ripped Files

I just ripped my first DVD to Hard Drive (Dora) and can't view. It is file formats not recognized by Windows Media Center or Player. Do I need to check a particular setting? Please help.

you can play the video_ts folder with many software video players. free recommended player is VLC. VLC will also play ISO files.

Comment

As Troy said, VLC is about the best around.

The reason you can't use WMC is that it does not natively recognise a DVD structured folder or ISO and needs add-ons.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

One more hat in the ring for VLC.
        As you have probably figured out by now, VLC does not rely on external codecs.
        It'll play darn near anything.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by ALSpud View Post
          I just ripped my first DVD to Hard Drive (Dora) and can't view. It is file formats not recognized by Windows Media Center or Player. Do I need to check a particular setting? Please help.
          I can watch them just fine using the WMP on both my Vista and my XP all I do is open up the Video TS folder and then I Double click the first Video TS that is not a Backup File and the movie plays just fine for me. You can also do a registry change for media center on Vista and it will see them also and here is the link http://channel8.msdn.com/Posts/Use-V...-library-EVER/ it also shows you how to use DVDFab to copy a movie and have it work

Comment

Working...
          X