When to use Full Disc. vs. Main Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to use Full Disc. vs. Main Movie

Hi, when trying to copy a movie it won't allow me to choose in Main Movie dvd 5 or 9, says n/a and won't copy. So when I try Full Disc and I choose dvd9 because the movie is almost 3 hours process fails. Why? I am able to copy shorter movies.

Also, purchased Verbatim DVD's as advised, (AZO) s.4x DVD+R DL for longer movies and that is the only disc that is not working - in fact the disc just keeps on running, I have to reboot my computer to even eject disc. I can't even eject disc.

All my other DL discs are working (Sony and Memorex). I am not sure why. Any info on that would be helpful too.

Thanks,
    Peeky

It was an odd question, please post your internal.log file.

Comment

Are you using ImgBurn? If not you should try it, you can set it up to use different kinds of disc and brands and it will remember them to, Verb's work great with ImgBurn alog with DVDFAB!

Comment

Originally posted by peeky View Post
        Hi, when trying to copy a movie it won't allow me to choose in Main Movie dvd 5 or 9, says n/a and won't copy. So when I try Full Disc and I choose dvd9 because the movie is almost 3 hours process fails. Why? I am able to copy shorter movies.

Also, purchased Verbatim DVD's as advised, (AZO) s.4x DVD+R DL for longer movies and that is the only disc that is not working - in fact the disc just keeps on running, I have to reboot my computer to even eject disc. I can't even eject disc.

All my other DL discs are working (Sony and Memorex). I am not sure why. Any info on that would be helpful too.

Thanks,
        Peeky

You ststed that you bought Verbatin DVD-R DL to use for films.

Unfortunately, the -R will only work for titles that will fit on one dvd5.

Anything longer, such as your 3 hour fikms are probably too long to fit on a DVD5
        and you;ll need a DVD+R DL to successfully write those longer films, as the layer break can be set by the software, whereas the -D discs the end of side one is the outer edge of the disc, and there's no way I know of to kick it over to the second layer.

Sorry - you'll have to invest in some Verbatim DVD +R DL discs to get the whole film.

DC
        Last edited by DarthCopier; 01-21-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

DC, DL-R blanks are not recommended for video I agree, but there is a predetermined layer break on the disc. It will change layers but it may come at an inconvenient place like in the middle of a scene rather than a fade to black or scene switch. If you must use a -R DL blank don't set a layer break at all, it's etched in stone on the blank.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey guys peeky is using DVD+R DL

Originally posted by peeky View Post
            Also, purchased Verbatim DVD's as advised, (AZO) s.4x DVD+R DL for longer movies and that is the only disc that is not working
            Peeky
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I know, wasn't talking to peeky
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                I know, wasn't talking to peeky
                My bad must have been reading to fast
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                X