This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Write To DVD Speed

When copying a DVD and doing a ‘Write’ using the VSO program, and I also have selected the '1x' as my write speed. Before it does the write, a pop-up appears - asking to select a curtain speed to write with (??x speed). If I do not select the curtain speed – it does the write with a different speed other then the selected '1x'. Is there a way to disable that pop-up and only write with the desired selected speed that is in the Common Settings?

Thanks,
    geh

1x is too slow

Try setting up DVDFab to burn with ImgBurn, see link in my sig

Most media should be able to burn at 4-8x easily

You need to post more details, see Help Us Help You in my sig
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
      1x is too slow

Try setting up DVDFab to burn with ImgBurn, see link in my sig

Most media should be able to burn at 4-8x easily

You need to post more details, see Help Us Help You in my sig
      AlienX69,

Thanks for replying to my post.

I agree that 1x is slow but safe for my DVD player which is very sensitive and any faster then 5x or 6x shows a bad display on my tv.

I tried to use 'ImgBurn' and at the slower speed (2x) but it automatically changed the speed to 16x and 12x which is way to fast for my player. Had to discard the DVDs - twice now - first time records at 16x and the second time at 12x. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,
      geh
      Last edited by geh; 12-17-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Did you set the write speed to recommended within Fab? If so you didn't set the aws (automatic write speed) per media id (mid) correctly. Also make sure your drives firmware is up to date. Open ImgBurn and click the Mode tab at the top and select Write. In the drop down select your Optical Drive and right click on it. Scroll to the bottom and select Check for firmware updates. A pop up should appear informing you of the firmware currently installed and then it will direct you to Firmware HQ to check for a update.

Comment

Also you never mentioned what BRAND of media you are burning to. Some media is total junk that you should stay away from if you want reliable backup, i.e. Memorex is junk.

I suggest you get some Taiyo Yuden's and try those, CLICK HERE

Read the reviews, and these are currently on sale

And do as W&B suggested, make sure you have the latest firmware installed for your burner.
          AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Also here is the link to how to set up ImgBurn to work with DVDFab

Follow the youtube video and you should get it to work correctly for you. As for the 1x speed that too slow as you should never go any slower than 4x for burning a DVD movie to a blank DVD

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
              Also you never mentioned what BRAND of media you are burning to. Some media is total junk that you should stay away from if you want reliable backup, i.e. Memorex is junk.

I suggest you get some Taiyo Yuden's and try those, CLICK HERE

Read the reviews, and these are currently on sale

And do as W&B suggested, make sure you have the latest firmware installed for your burner.
              AlienX69,

I purchased the new disks that you have a short cut for - thanks. I can't wait to try them.

Thanks,
              geh

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                Did you set the write speed to recommended within Fab? If so you didn't set the aws (automatic write speed) per media id (mid) correctly. Also make sure your drives firmware is up to date. Open ImgBurn and click the Mode tab at the top and select Write. In the drop down select your Optical Drive and right click on it. Scroll to the bottom and select Check for firmware updates. A pop up should appear informing you of the firmware currently installed and then it will direct you to Firmware HQ to check for a update.
                W&B,

Followed your instructions and it works OK. I'm still new at this.

Thanks,
                geh

Comment

You also might want to consider a new dvd player in the future.
                  Most will play without problems. Just make sure that it will play the dvd-r and dvd+r dvds.
                  Just a thought.
                  "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Originally posted by magnum62 View Post
                    You also might want to consider a new dvd player in the future.
                    Most will play without problems. Just make sure that it will play the dvd-r and dvd+r dvds.
                    Just a thought.
                    magnum62,

Hopefully I'll be able to get a Blu-Ray player!

Thanks,
                    geh

Comment

Working...
                    X