Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with AGJ. I would invest in an external burner. Laptop drives are cheap and aren't really the best to burn with. Mine died after ahwile. You get a better reproduction anyhow. IMO

rip

Comment

I LOVE my Matshita BR Drive!!! This has been the most reliable drive I have ever had on a laptop. NEC being the worst that I have owned and hopefully never own again. I have been thinking of adding an external DVD burner just to give my internal drive a little break at the very least but I have never had an external DVD burner.

Has DVDFab had issues with external burners?

Is there a specific external burner that is known to be as reliable as my Matshita has been so far?

Comment

You are the first I have heard of to say they have not had any problems with a matSHITa drive. Those drives are the most problematic for burning DVD movies and for region code problems as well. I have and use an external LG drive with my laptop used just to burn with and have not had any problems using it with DVDFab

Comment

I have two Sony laptops, that came with matshita drives, and one of them is also a Blu-ray burner. They are now coming up on years 2 and 3 of use and still working like a charm. My home PC has worked it's way thru to NEC burners in less than 2 years plus issues with some movies not playing at all. I have never had an external burner, will look at the LG that you mentioned then.

Comment

You must a very lucky person coz my experience with matSHITa is the same as AGJ's.

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
            I have two Sony laptops, that came with matshita drives, and one of them is also a Blu-ray burner. They are now coming up on years 2 and 3 of use and still working like a charm.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I saw that, but the disc plays just fine on my laptop as well as on my home DVD players, and it looks good, guess that is the only other thing it could be.
              So what? If you can take it back and exchange it for another one that may work in the decryption process, then do it! Why live with a bad DVD? Return it.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                You are the first I have heard of to say they have not had any problems with a matSHITa drive. Those drives are the most problematic for burning DVD movies and for region code problems as well. I have and use an external LG drive with my laptop used just to burn with and have not had any problems using it with DVDFab
                I love my DVD burner. It's an HP dvd1160. I bought it at Best Buy for around $40.00. I had another Hewlett-Packard burner before this one and it finally died after 5 years. The old one kept failing in the burn phase and I went through many DVD+Rs, blaming them, the media, as the culprit for the burn failures, when it was the burner all along. It does still work to read DVDs and I put that one in my older computer as strictly a DVD-ROM just to play DVDs on that machine. The new HP DVD burner I have, is awesome! It's so much faster than the prior one and so far, knock on wood, not one DVD+R has failed during the burn phase. Go HP!

Comment

I LOVE my Matshita BR Drive!!! This has been the most reliable drive I have ever had on a laptop. NEC being the worst that I have owned and hopefully never own again.
                  For me NEC's have one of my favorites for burning, been through quite a few models running Liggy and Dee's firmware .... ROCK SOLID !!!

I 14:56:45 Source Device: [0:1:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.Y6 (D (ATA)

Pretty good reader too !!

Last edited by AlienX69; 12-18-2009, 01:10 AM.
                  AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Exchange my DVD and my Matshita drive was able to back this new pressing with no issues at all. I guess thats all it was thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                    X