Problem with Darling Companion Back up Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Darling Companion Back up Copy

I tried a back up of the movie "Darling Companion" It seemed to copy perfect, when done I tried to play it in my Sony BDV-E280 Blu-Ray/DVD player, The player said, No Disc! seems weird, so I tried to play it in my cheep DVD player...guess what...played perfectly... This movie is a sony production... so I guess there must still be a type of protection that is copied to the copied disc? Actually the version of DVDFab I am using is 8.2.2.8.
    If anyone has a problem making a back up copy of this movie and it will not play in your sony DVD player, try it in another make of DVD Player...It Works.. I hope this helps someone else.

You might try making your backup on a DVD+R blank and make sure the booktype is set to DVD-ROM. Studio released movies are always DVD-ROM and that will give you maximum compatibility will all players.
    Last edited by 90312; 02-28-2013, 03:44 PM. Reason: correct spell checker!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks

I'll Give that a try, I always use DVD+R Discs..Let ya know
      Thanks, Burner1

Comment

If you already use +R just make sure this box is checked, it's not by default.
        Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

You Are So Right !

Thanks, I changed the Book type to DVD-R write and it made a perfect copy!
          and it now plays in my sony Blu-Ray/DVD player, Here is another question, should I use this same setting for all DVD back up copies I make? I always used the default before, will this make a difference in my copies?
          Again thank you for your wisdom, Great Moderator !
          Burner1

Comment

It won't make your copies any better quality just more compatible across more players. The player sees them as studio released movies, +R without the booktype change are iffy on some players. I would just leave it checked.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Again

I got that... Thanks Again Moderator !One learns from the knowledge of others !
              Burner1

Comment

Sure thing, any time. Glad you're going again!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X