Vidoe Compression-Unable to burn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vidoe Compression-Unable to burn.

It seems like my DVDFab is not doing any compression at all because it reads the DVD just fine and says 'Quality xx%' depending on how big file is, but when it goes to write the file to a blank disc, I get the error that there is not enough room on destination disc. Now this only happens with full disc option. When I do main movie and it reads that quality will be 100% (because there is enough room on blank disc) it goes fine. So did I miss something in that DVDFab is no longer doing video compression or something?
    Also, I have tried it with both DVAFab burning as well as VSO burning engine.

Thanks ahead for your input...
    Attached Files

Check the output size and make sure it is set to DVD-5 so the software will compress it properly. The attachment is from version 9 but the setting is in the same place:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, Made sure of that. I cant figure it. Never had issues until recently. The quality % changes like it is going to compress it to fit to the dvd-5, but then when you get to the burn cycle, it has not compressed it at all. Dunno...

Comment

Originally posted by bollis View Post
        Yeah, Made sure of that. I cant figure it. Never had issues until recently. The quality % changes like it is going to compress it to fit to the dvd-5, but then when you get to the burn cycle, it has not compressed it at all. Dunno...

Please check the total size of the rip on your HDD, and please let us know what you find.

DC

Comment

I had to download and install version 8 to test this, I always select Write in common settings then customize the DVD-5 size to 4472, not so much compression and still a cushion to keep the write away from the outer edge. I tried the original Disney Cars full disk successfully to the HDD @ 4.36GB.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I tried another rip to hdd and file came out 4.35G. In reading my logs where the write failed, file was 4.38G both of which should still be good for a DVD-R. DVDFab is set for DVD-R which is 4488 so I cant figure what is going on. Maybe I should just uninstall this copy, download the new Fab9 and try it from there, unless you guys can think of something else to try.

Comment

Just try customizing to 4472 and I'd bet your problem goes away.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I see the -R 4488MB setting but don't know why it's there? A 4.7 -R blank will only hold 4482MB maximum. That setting sets the transcoder and the software will attempt to compress to that number. No transcoder is perfect in that regard and if it goes over 4482, well you get that error.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X