Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detecting writeable media

Hello,

I am attempting to use DvDFab to copy movies to my HDD. When the disc I am copying ejects, DVDFab begins to look for a writeable disc. I cannot cancel out of this the button simply does not work. This function seems to run indefinatley. Is there an option to turn this off so once the DvD ejects I can just enter another?

My only recourse at this point is to shut DvDFab down and restart it.

Thanks.

Make sure when you select the source DVD that you select the HDD as the target. I have a hunch you have the optical drive set as the target.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Same error but different scenario......

I am getting the same error, not when I copy TO my computer, but when I copy a movie FROM my computer and only when I use a DL DVD. When I use a single layer DVD it seems to burn with no problem (but sometimes the copy quality is below 80%). When I burn a DVD from a movie saved on my computer using a DL DVD the burn automatically fails, and then when I try to burn again the "detecting media" error just goes on and on until I hit the "cancel" button. This only started happening when I upgraded to the 9.0.3.0 version of DVDFab.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by cathyschuchman View Post
        I am getting the same error, not when I copy TO my computer, but when I copy a movie FROM my computer and only when I use a DL DVD. When I use a single layer DVD it seems to burn with no problem (but sometimes the copy quality is below 80%). When I burn a DVD from a movie saved on my computer using a DL DVD the burn automatically fails, and then when I try to burn again the "detecting media" error just goes on and on until I hit the "cancel" button. This only started happening when I upgraded to the 9.0.3.0 version of DVDFab.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
        Cathy,

I've been seeing a similar problem when I've tried to burn a DL disc from a DVDFab HDD folder but not exactly the same error conditions as you described. I asked my question in this thread and have received a reply:

Comment

Working...
        X