It Gets Slower and Slower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Gets Slower and Slower

Why is it that with each new release of DVD Fab 9 the copy time takes longer and longer? Today I copied a DVD using three different software. Copy one was done with the newest DVDFAB and took 37 minutes to copy to my hard drive. Copy two was done with DVD Cloner that took 24 minutes. Copy three was done with the onld program DVD Decrypter and that took 7.9 minutes.

I don't understand why DVDFab is getting slower and slower but I wish the company would stop making it "better"... If it gets any "better" it will take hours to copy anything.

Slower and Slower

Long time FAB user but I agree with you 100%. Hate new version 9 design. Version 8 much better. Blu Ray should be separate product. Latest version 9 taking over 2 hours to rip. Trying to solve that problem now.

Comment

We are trying to reproduce this problem, and it's on top of todo list.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

This must be system related some way or the other. I just copied fellowship of the ring to DVD5, significant compression, to the HDD in less than 10 minutes.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Slower and Slower

I noticed there were a few changes in look and feel of latest edition. All older versions have been okay up to this point.

Comment

Very Slow for Me Too

The copy speed is very slow for me as well, using versions 9.0.3.6 and 9.0.3.8. I can't get above 0.81 MB/s, and version 8.2.2.8 copies over 6.00 MB/s. I'm using Windows XP SP3 with 2GB ram on a Pentium 4. The earlier versions of Fab 9 gave me much faster copy speeds.

Comment

Did you copy the DVD from phyiscal drives or iso in HD? More info are needed.
              What's more, in order to find the issue, please send me a private message if you want us to remote assistance your pc via TeamViewer. Thanks in advance!
              Last edited by terry5; 05-02-2013, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Hi there,
                1.Please goto Control Panel\Hardware and Sound and then click "Deivce Manger";
                2.Goto IDE ATA/ATAPI controlers, check each ATA channels' Advanced Settings "Enable DMA". If it's unmarked, please mark it, restart your PC and try DVD copy again.
                Attached Files

Comment

Not PIO mode

I'm copying from my DVD drive, and I'm not in PIO mode. If I was, even 8.2.2.8 would be slow, but I checked anyway. I even tried copying a DVD with no copyright protection, and the speed was the same. The DVD with no copyright protection copied at near 12.00 MB/s with 8.2.2.8.

I also tried a DVD on the HD, and 9.0.3.8 copied it at 8.50 MB/s. 8.2.2.8 did it at about 10.00 MB/s. So that was better.

I have a (Samsung) TSSTcorp SH-S222A drive that is only a few months old.

As others have stated in this thread, this has to be a software issue.

Comment

Slow Rip

In my case I was ripping from DVD to hard drive, full movie. Standard output file, not ISO. DMA setting is correct.

Comment

Dear all,

Please follow the steps below to see the result:

1. Open explorer window, and go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\" or your installation folder.

2. Rename "profiles5" sub-folder to "profiles5_", and rename "author" to "author_".

3. Run DVDFab 9 again to see the result.

Thanks.

Comment

Slow Rip

All,

I renamed the folders but no luck. Thank you for trying.

Comment

Still Slow after Renaming Folders

Renaming the folders didn't work for me either. It briefly sped up to 2.34 MB/s after a few minutes of being very slow, then went back down to 0.84 MB/s and stayed there.

Comment

Ripping Speed

I went all the way back to version 9.0.2.8 on my system which is Win XP, SP3 DX9.0C, and started installing from there next version installed was 9.0.3.0 then 9.0.3.2. Version 9.0.2.8 worked great ripped in in a matter of minutes, now for the rest of the versions starting with 9.0.3.0 and going all the way to 9.0.3.8 there seems to be a problem with the ripping times, It started taking longer to rip "by hours," not minutes so something has changed between versions 9.0.3.0 to 9.0.3.8. And before you ask, this is a newly installed clean system.

Comment

Dear all,

Please try a special build of DVDFab v9038 to see the result:

The processing task queue is hidden, but you still can get the copy speed.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
                              Fengtao
                              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                              X