Screen Issues with v9.0.3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Issues with v9.0.3.8

v9.0.3.8 seems to have graphical issues with any other programs running on my PC while it's active. By graphical issues, I mean windows overwriting each other on the screen, video tearing, and other programs not updating the screen. Even browser windows don't refresh correctly.

I don't know if this will be a clue, but when v9.0.3.8 first opens on-screen two small rectangular blocks appear to the right of the DVDFab GUI on my wall paper. I can cursor over them with my mouse and they disappear.

I am running Win7 fully updated with an Intel i7 Core 2600 processor running at 3.40Ghz and an AMD Radeon HD 6670.

Please be clear here: This a graphical issue only. The v9.0.3.8 DVDFab runs just fine in spite of all the crap happening on the screen.

Thanks!...

Late addendum: I also tried reducing the number of cores Fab is using from 8 to 4 and it made no difference.
    Last edited by Toonces T. Cat; 05-01-2013, 09:48 PM. Reason: Info addendum...

Do not repro here. Would you please post a screenshot here? Thanks.

Comment

Here you go...

Fab is running with Outlook, ie10, and exPressit 2.1 (a label maker). The label maker is tearing in the image. The other shot shows the two block that appear every time Fab starts.

I hope this helps...Toonces
      Last edited by Toonces T. Cat; 12-08-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

This really does look like a graphics driver problem.

Have you tried updating or rollng back the driver for your graphics card?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes I have...

I have messed with the drivers and just stayed with the most current. I thought the same thing, but why did it just start the tearing with 9.0.3.8 and has never been an issue with any previous version of Fab?...

Comment

There are these little people that inhabit all Windoze Operating Systems since Version 1.0 caledl "Gremlins"!!!
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Okay...

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              There are these little people that inhabit all Windoze Operating Systems since Version 1.0 caledl "Gremlins"!!!
              Okay...That put a smile on my face...

Comment

And they are also have been known to try to escape to this place called "DriverLand"!!

Seriously though, there are so many interdependancies within an OS such as Windoze, it is inevitable that something is missed either by Micro$oft, hardware manufacturers (Cab Drivers) or software developers and can be a real SOB to track down,

Comment

I am seeing the same issues as T. T. Cat. Using the mouse to select most things is useless. Sub-windows appear behind the main window - and are therefore unreachable. I have to move the main window out of the way, almost off screen, then click my selection (e.g. the Task Queue button) so it is visible. Finding using the keyboard is the only way to get things done. Too easy to blame Windoze or cab drivers - only this application is behaving this way. It is DVDFab's issue to fix.

Comment

JP@FMU, there are two members that report this issue across the universe of users but it's DVDFab's problem to fix? I must admit I admire your chutzpah!
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

You miss the point...

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      JP@FMU, there are two members that report this issue across the universe of users but it's DVDFab's problem to fix? I must admit I admire your chutzpah!
                      You completely miss the point! Something changed between v9.0.3.6 and v9.0.3.8. Now, I can't speak for JP@FMU, but nothing else has changed on my system other than Fab. I even went so far as to completely uninstall 9.0.3.8 and reinstall 9.0.3.6 and the issue disappeared. I then removed 9.0.3.6 and installed 9.0.3.8 and the problem is back. So, yes, the problem is Fab's to fix.

Ask yourself how many people use the software compared to how many of those users participate in these forums. I'd bet good money that the ratio is huge in favor of users vs. forum members. Undoubtedly we are not the only two users that have this issue. We are simply the only two that have reported it. And, I have to add that we have reported it politely and in the best interests of all users. Neither of us have been whiny or accusatory. I even stated that, other than this issue, Fab works fine. We just want the devs to have a heads-up so that when it does appears on one of their workstations, they will not be blind-sided.

I continue to look forward to a fix in a future release.

-Toonces...

Comment

I'm quite sure the developers will take a look at this and if they can reproduce and zero in on the issue will fix it. You must know if this were a wide spread problem the board would be flooded with complaints. Why not help out the developers with some information about your system, OS, graphics card, drivers ect.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Aready did it...

I'm quite sure the developers will take a look at this and if they can reproduce and zero in on the issue will fix it. You must know if this were a wide spread problem the board would be flooded with complaints. Why not help out the developers with some information about your system, OS, graphics card, drivers ect.
                          Already put all that info in the first post on the subject. I'm also very confident that, over time, they will find a fix.

-Toonces

Comment

Is this a desk top computer?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yep...

Is this a desk top computer?
                              Yes it is...Dell XPS-8300. I tried rolling back the video drivers as well, but that also did not correct the problem. The unit has 8gb of DDR3 in it...I think that's about the only spec I left out. All of the settings for the Radeon card are pretty much default as, even though it's a fairly fast card, I have yet to run a game on this box...I'm far too addicted to the 60" plasma screen, the 7.2 sound system, and the six-pack on the couch to go back to PC gaming...

Also keep in mind that Fab works perfectly for me as long I'm not running anything else. I only back up a couple of titles a month for travel, so it's not a huge deal.

-Toonces

Comment

Working...
                              X