Lock Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock Up

I attempted to install 9.0.3.8 on a media server PC (XP SP3 deliberately not fully patched as it has never been connected to the internet).

After the reset it tried to access a network and gave me 3 options, so I selected "Enable HD Descriptor", exited and shut down.

I connected a firewall stack I have been building for a client (16 deep), and turned back on. When I hit the DVD fab icon I got one core running at 97% so turned off again after 3 hours.

I turned back on and connected a network analyser, Ethernet Card functioning.

I powered up again and the same thing happened with the only traffic being netbios, DCHP etc i.e. nothing that would indicate traffic from DVD Fab (e.g. DNS request). This time I left it running overnight.

I have given up and am currently restoring the media server PC from the disk image I took (I always take an image before installing anything on a stand alone PC).

If I decide to try again in the future, where is the firewall setting information (i.e. which ports need to be enabled for which IP address/domain name) ?
Working...
X