LG Burner GH22N550 Won't work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Burner GH22N550 Won't work...

Hi, Since Updating from 8.2.2.8 DVDFab 9.0.4.0 gives me errors trying to use my LG Burner, either writing or copying. Works fine with DVDFab 8. Firmware is up to date. Any known problems with this drive? My Lite-On drive works fine. Enclosed is Log Files.
    Attached Files

Try using imgburn and report back
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, well I downloaded, installed and used imgburn Copied it fine to my hard drive. Log enclosed.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have the same drive with no problems

Comment

Hi B5Guy
          You're receiving read errors, please make sure the disc is clean.
          I'm also a little confused by your log, are you trying to copy a copy?
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi, Yes I did, Imgburn wouldn't copy a protected disk. It was the first time I ever used the program, and am not very familiar with it.

Comment

Thanks for info shoe, good to know. Maybe mine's bad but it works on everything else and DVDFab 8. If I can't get it working I'll guess I'll have to get another drive, I don't like just having one, I like to copy burner to burner as I'm sure most people do.

Comment

Img burn is a burning program not copying program
                ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Originally posted by B5Guy View Post
                  Thanks for info shoe, good to know. Maybe mine's bad but it works on everything else and DVDFab 8. If I can't get it working I'll guess I'll have to get another drive, I don't like just having one, I like to copy burner to burner as I'm sure most people do.
                  I believe that in your title, the first 5 in 550 should be an S. Like Shoe, I also have that drive an it works just fine. Regarding your last sentence, I'm sure many people do copy burner to burner as it is convenient but it is awfully hard on your drive (shortens its life) and increases the chance of a bad burn. It is much better and recommended that you rip the entire disk to your drive. Then, burn the main movie (or whatever you want) to the media (DVD or Blu-ray).

Comment

Yes Jonatan I discovered that when I downloaded the program, I knew nothing about it. But I was responding to CBR929 question did I copy a copy, well it was either that or copy the files from my HD.

Comment

You're right Jeffie it is an S, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. Thanks for the info I did not know that. I thought DVDFab copied it to the HD first then to the other disk? I saw the instructions for using Imgburn with DVDFab but it seems to apply to dvdfab 8 not 9, are there instructions for that? Do you use Imgburn to burn your DVD's?

Comment

Hi CBR929 are there instructions for setting up imgburn and dvdfab 9 to work together? Do you recommend this?

Comment

I recommend Using ImgBurn and I'm sure CBR929 will also. If you have installed Imgburn to the default location just select it as your burning engine, see attached:
                          Attached Files
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Here is the link which is in CBR929's signature.

I have used imgburn, especially on DL discs, as the program lets you adjust the layer break. I believe that if you use quality media (Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden), burn at the recommended speed and your burner's firmware is up to date, I haven't seen a difference in burning engines.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll give Imgburn a go. But is burning from DVD to DVD bad for your burners if the movie is first copied to the HD by Fab, then written to the second DVD?

Comment

Working...
                              X