DVDs play on PC, problems on standalone DVD players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDs play on PC, problems on standalone DVD players

I have been using DVD fab for several years to backup my DVDs.

I have been very happy, so I have not used the forums much...

Recently, within the past 6 months, I have the following problem.

My backup DVD plays without any problem on my laptop, but it has problems playing on TWO different standalone DVD players.

On the stand alone players, about 2/3 through the DVD, the video and audio playback becomes choppy, freezes, and does not get better.

Is this just a media issue, or is there something I need to do during the backup process.

DVDFAB 8.2.2.6
    IMG burn 2.5.1
    DVD= TDK +R, 16X.
    HP laptop burner.

Thanks.

Could be a media problem and could be a burn to fast problem post both the internal log and the burn logs from fabs files cut and paste to a post here so we can take a look.Word of advise burn at half the disk speed and don't use cheap media.

Comment

What speed are you burning at?

TDK is not the most reliable media to burn to also and I would not mind betting that the burner is a matsuSHITa which also has problems.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I recommend that you burn those 16x TDK blanks no faster than 8x. Further I recommend a quality blank media like Verbatim.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

burn slower

I have been burning at 16X. I will definitely try slower- I am in no hurry.

Not sure of the burner manufacturer.

Are Verbatim DVDs still highly recommended?

Could it be related to the standalone DVD players getting hot? The issues only show up after viewing an hour or so of the DVD.

Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

I think your problem is burning that media too fast, try 8x. Verbatim with the AZO on the label is the only way to go. Taiyo Yuden are really good too but have gotten a little pricey.
            Last edited by 90312; 05-31-2013, 01:49 AM.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I tried a burn at 2x- looks good! Will get back if I have any further issues.

Comment

Working...
              X