Media Inserted Is Single Layer Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Inserted Is Single Layer Error

Im not sure what is going on but for some reason I just started getting this error message "Media Inserted Is Single Layer. Please Insert a double layer media to start the write proccess" I know for a fact that its not the blank DVDs cuz I am using the same ones I used previously and it worked. I just downloaded v9.0.4.2 and it must have something to do with that. I hope there is a fix for this. Please let me know ASAP

Thanks

Tom

I assume you are making sure the target is set to DVD5, so go into common settings and set the DVD size, select custom and set the size to 4472. see attached:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

DVD5

I changed the number to 4472 for DVD5 but mine is set to DVD9 do I need to change it to DVD5? If so how can I do this?

Comment

You can change the default here:

Where I have the default set to folder you might want to set it to writer.
        Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Media inserted is a single layer

I upgraded to DVD Fab 9.0.4.2 and got the message that the Media is a single layer, I then upgraded to the Beta version 9.0.4.4 hoping that would solve the problem. I looked at this forum and changed my write settings to match the recommendations, still no luck. DVD fab worked fine with the same DVD's before the upgrade as a matter of fact, I copied the DVD's using version 8.2.2.6 and it worked fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Did you change the default size to DVD5, like the post above yours?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, I looked at all the posts here regarding this issue and followed them, it did not help. I am downloading the newest version now 9.0.4.5, perhaps that will help.

Comment

Just check the settings and it will work fine, used it this morning on a DVD5.

Albert Einstein

Comment

DVD5

I have had the same problem with 8.0 informing me that I need a double layer. I changed to DVD5 and it took 50minutes to copy instead of the usual 7 minutes. What is up. I downloaded DVD 9 and now it keeps telling me of an error code on each copy and it takes forever to download.

Comment

Hi ColVit,
                    Please post the internal log as more info are needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X