Cinavia protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia protection

When I copy a dvd that uses Cinavia protection the software gives a warning. After the copy is made and burned the burned copy does NOT say anything about Cinavia protection..... Any idea why???

It won't, it will just mute the audio about 20 minutes into the movie if your player recognizes Cinavia protection. If the backup copy plays through without a problem don't worry about it but don't update the player's firmware ever!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

You may have misunderstood my question

You may have misunderstood my question. Once the copy is made and burned to a disk and then opened with DVDFAB Copy why is there no warning as there was with the original when DVDFAB opened it?

Comment

I did misunderstand, but if it was on the original it is on the backup as well. I can't answer why it's not reported.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Follow Up to My Question

Just wanted to let you know that I made a copy of a DVD with Cinavia Protection using another companies software and when I read the DVD with DVDFAB it still does not show that there is Cinavia in place on the new disk...

Very strange It seems that DVDFab will only respond to the original disk... Not a copy

I have posted the question on several other new groups and if I get a realistic answer I will post it here.

Ron

Comment

You know something is very different about the backup copy since the sound will mute and it doesn't on the original. I have a theory that the trigger mechanism is molded into the plastic along with the pits and bumps that comprise the movie and a burner can't reproduce it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X