No announcement yet.

Preview 9.0.4.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth I use preview all the time and it works well for me in version 9 but then I am using W7x64.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe a dumb question at this point but have you tried the internal setting?

Albert Einstein

Comment

And a last thought your DirectShow filter have a snafu somewhere, you can download and install a new one HERE.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          Maybe a dumb question at this point but have you tried the internal setting?
          My post right from the start has been about the internal setting, which does not work because I can't DVDFab to except the setting, when you check internal and restart DVDFab it stays in directx mode, I've tried reinstalling DVDFab to reset to internal mode because terry5 said internal mode was the default, Fab does not default internal but directx.

Comment

I don't know that I can reproduce and/or help to narrow down the culprit, but who knows...
            Anyway, I booted up a seldom used XP Pro 32-bit hdd (SP3), installed v.9046 Beta and encountered no problems whatsoever with the Preview function.

As Fab started up for the first time, directshow loaded and played without issues.
            I changed to internal decoder and again, no problems.

I also have DirectX 9.0c installed.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              I don't know that I can reproduce and/or help to narrow down the culprit, but who knows...
              Anyway, I booted up a seldom used XP Pro 32-bit hdd (SP3), installed v.9046 Beta and encountered no problems whatsoever with the Preview function.

As Fab started up for the first time, directshow loaded and played without issues.
              I changed to internal decoder and again, no problems.

I also have DirectX 9.0c installed.
              I just did a complete clean install of windows xp and no matter what I do 9.0.4.7 does not default to the internal mode when installing it defaults to directx, you cannot change it to internal in settings as it will not hold the setting even after a restart of fab.

Comment

Working...
              X