Using verify with DvdFab COPY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using verify with DvdFab COPY

I recently upgraded to DvdFab 9.0.4.7 and noticed it has an option for "verify". I have used the DVD Copy function with a the source and destination being the same drive. After a successful copy and burn I then get the "do you want to make another copy" prompt. At this point I select "no" and DvdFab cycles the drive tray and then shows "Verify started". At this point DvdFab appears to be doing nothing. The task queue line has the rotating round-arrows, the Output $ remains at 0, and after waiting a long, long, long time (like 35 minutes for a burn that only took 15 minutes), I give up and cancel. I can't recall whether earlier versions included a verify function thought this is the first time I've tried to use this feature. Does anyone know how to get the verify function to work?

You might have to untick the box to delete the temporary file(s) when done? If it burns the disk and deletes those files there is nothing to verify the disc to.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I wouldn't bother anyway.

If it ain't gonna play, it ain't gonna play and verify is not gonna fix anything!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion about the temp files. I will give that a try. I agree with GregiBoy's observation that verify won't fix a bad burn but there are times I won't immediately play a backup DVD I've burned but would like to know that it's good. There is a verify function in imgBurn that can be used to check for errors but would require a hard-drive resident ISO file to check that actual content.

Comment

Any verify requires HDD file(s) to verify to and that's why I suggested you keep the temp file(s), and if you get a bad rip and it burns then verifying a bad disc to a bad temp file will not tell you a thing about whether the disc will play or not.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            I wouldn't bother anyway.

If it ain't gonna play, it ain't gonna play and verify is not gonna fix anything!
            Agree and it's a waste of time in my book
            Paid Not To Work
            US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
            Proudly Served On
            USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
            6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
            X