Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please insert Device or Choose DVD Folder/Image File?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please insert Device or Choose DVD Folder/Image File?

Hi, I've used DVD fab in the past with great success.
    I paid for a license of the DVD-DVD as well as DVD-Mobile.

When I open it the source disk drop down reads:
    "Please insert Device or Choose DVD Folder/Image File"

I have DVD in my drive, and can see it in Windows Explorer.

What are the best troubleshooting steps to take to resolve this?
    (note: I just installed the latest beta, with the same results)

Interestingly, I can use the 'browse folder' button from DVD fab and and see the drive:

but alas, if I select the drive, It asks which region then goes blank.

I've tried it with 2 discs (both region 1, my drive is region 1, running on Windows 2008 x64 SP2 - (I've run Fab on 2008 x64 for at least a year with no trouble))
    The Discs are G-Force and Family Guy- Something Something Something Dark Side.
    Attached Files

For a start, you shouldn't be using Mobile direct from the DVD. Have a read of my "Best Practice" thread. (Link in my sig below)

Can you try to rip a DVD to a hard disk folder and see if you have the same problem?

If you do, I would suggest that you remove the DVD Drive under Windows Device manager, reboot the machine and let windows reinstall the drive automatically and then recheck to see whether Fab recognises it.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks Greg,

Yeah it's missing from all modes - dvd to iso, dvd to dvd, dvd to mobile, dvd to ts_* folders.

I'll try the delete - rediscover in Device manager and see how that goes.

Nice faq - I've used that technique at times - especially when my PC was slower, and as you mentioned, when I had more than one conversion targeted.

Comment

I found out what it was - Windows UAC mode getting in the way - right click - run as administrator did the trick. - I don't remember having to do that in the past so I suspect a windows update changed the behavior.

Comment

Glad to hear you're up and running again.
          Thanks for getting back to us and posting the fix.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
          X