Issues with this Version & Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with this Version & Windows 8

I have been having serious and time-consuming issues since downloading this upgrade.

I was interchangeably using 8226 and 9038, because every time I tried to upgrade, I had problems with my computer so I stayed with what was working until a recent issue with a DVD. I was advised then by you to download 9060 so I decided to give it another try.

I have spent the last three days trying to get the program to open, but not only will it not but my computer freezes up and I have to shut down manually each time. I uninstalled 8226 to see if that would help, but to no avail. I uninstalled 9060 and tried to reinstall, but again....same symptoms. I found the set up on my computer for 9038 and tried reinstalling that, but now that program is behaving the same way. Takes about 4 minutes to open during which time the computer is totally frozen....then it opens, seems to work, but in the middle of a Write for instance, the computer freezes again and after 5 minutes of waiting, I have to shut down manually.

I tried to have HP and Microsoft login remotely to help with these issues...they did scans of the computer, clean-ups, etc., and advised that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the system, but that if I needed assistance in matters other than their OS, ie programs, it would cost me a minimum of $79 for an evaluation, etc.

I'm really at my wits end. I never had problems with older versions of your software, or with any version on Windows XP, but with Windows 8 anything in DVDFab 9 has been an on and off nightmare.

Is there anything anyone can suggest???? I'm really beside myself with what to do.

Thank you.

Google CCleaner, it's free. Uninstall DVDFab and run CCleaner on the registry until no errors are found, reinstall and right click on the installer and run as administrator. Best advice I have but with W8 who knows?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

NB: RUN as Administrator
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

OK, I'll try this, but the Microsoft tech did install and run CCleaner...no errors appeared, but I don't recall if he did this before or after the reinstallation of DVDFab (might have been before). Which also reminds me that when I performed the uninstalls as mentioned in my original post, that process also took an unusually long time, and the screen froze up then as well. It should be mentioned here too that when uninstalling other programs, my computer is not having any issues....only with DVDFab.

BTW...what does "NB" mean GregiBoy???

Comment

I've uninstalled and run a Registry Scan (which btw, the MS tech did NOT do...all he did was a "clean up" of IE, WE, System).

Lots of errors came up and I fixed them all, scanning several times until nothing came up.

Before I install DVDFab9 again....I'm not sure what you mean by "right clicking on the installer" . . . I started the download process, but when the bottom installer came up, the options were "Run," Save", Cancel, etc.....I tried right clicking on all parts of that pop-up installer bar, but don't see any option to install as Administrator. Could you please clarify.

Thanks again.

Comment

Download the installer and always save it, installing from the web is asking for trouble. Locate the installer in your downloads and rather than double clicking on it to execute, right mouse click on it and select "Run as Administrator" and NB means No Bullshixx!
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

NB: means "Nota Bete" which is latin for "Heed Well"

Or as my good friend Niner indicate "No Bullyshxx"!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Duly noted...(NB)....I like that.

I did everything as instructed and "so far" the program itself seems to be working fine, although it still takes nearly 3 minutes to open when first clicking on the icon; never had that before. BUT, All things considered, if that's the only problem I have with the program, I guess I can live with that.

I will also note that from now on, any downloads will be saved first then run as "admin" ... great advice.

Thanks all.

Comment

Not sure what you're implying or mocking, Bert??????

Comment

Hi dtbm51
                    I have deleted their useless post.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Much obliged...it sounded like I was getting trolled.

Anyway....I'm able to use the new version relatively problem free, but it does take 3+ minutes for the program to first open when clicking on it either from the desktop or Quick Launch. Is there anything I can try to remedy that, or should I just leave well enough alone???? It's not the end of the world to have to wait the 3 minutes, just don't know why I never had to before with any of the other versions.

Thanks again for all your help. You folks are terrific!

Comment

Found a remedy of sorts....if I minimize the program to 'systray' instead of exiting it, there is no waiting problem. Just thought I'd share.

Comment

Working...
                        X