Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copied DVD looks like it burned correctly, but no data is on the disc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copied DVD looks like it burned correctly, but no data is on the disc.

So, I just upgraded to 9.0.6.2 and when trying to copy a DVD, all looked correct, the disc finished burning and looks like it's burned, but when I try playing it on my computer and/or DVD player, nothing plays. My computer shows that there is no data on the DVD.

the more info you provide the better we can help. what dvd is this and post your dvdfab
    internal logs.

Comment

I have same problem

Since late summer, I have experienced this same problem, and in fact no longer use the program after MANY years of happiness. Visual examination of burned disc shows evidence of data, DVDFAB says it was successful, but Win Explorer says disc is empty. After 10 or so ruined media, I reached Einstein definition of insanity so stopped using DVDFAB. My PC is Win7 Pro 64, with Pentium i5-2500, and I have replaced optical drives, tried using one drive for clone and burn, reinstalled the program twice at different releases (now at 9.0.5) and don't know where to go from here...

Comment

Please read this for help. http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=15 enclose both your internal log for the disk your having problems with and your burn log for burning issues.Up date Fab to 9072 first and try it then if it don't work post your lnternal and burn logs with the newest Fab program 9072.
        Last edited by glenns; 10-19-2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

This can be a simple solution if you posted your burn log we could have told you if your burn speed is set to hi.Use recommended burn speed in Fab or 1/2 disk rated speed if disk speed is rated 16x use 8 x burn speed.Having to high a burn speed prevents machines from reading the disks.Another thing cheap blank media doesn't work well with a lot of machines so try a better brand of disks.
          Last edited by glenns; 10-21-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

DAE06:Try disabling pathfinder in fab settings for this disk then turn it back on after you produced another disk.Next time post your logs thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X