This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough space on drive C

I've been using DVD full disk copy for the past week with no problem. Today I try to start the burn and I get message "Not enough space on drive C". I don't use that drive for my ripped files so I assume it is being used for temporary space by the software.

How can I either clean up that disk space or assign the workspace to a different drive? DVDFab seems to provide no options for drives other than the source and target.
    I am very new to DVD burning, this is a trial version which I really am interested in buying but now I'm not so sure. I do not understand all the terminology either (ISO etc.) and really don't want to know if I don't have to.
    Thanks,
    Bill K

I would read the guide to understand the program better and it's settings. The Official Guide for DVDFab (scroll down to settings in the tutorial)

Comment

Same question

I have the same question. The program apparently created c:/my documents/DVD Fab and copies the source disk into it. I can't find anywhere in settings where the file destination could be changed. I would certainly appreciate it, since my C Drive is somewhat low on space.

DK

Comment

Click on the above Guide Link and look under Settings/General

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
        Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

W&B....Thanks for the fast response. That helps.

KaiserD2: In the guide, under "Settings...General" it goes into talking about the temporary files and how they should be deleted so as not to gobble up space. Below it tells how to set up temp file. This and other parameters can be seen by clicking on the green checkmark in the DVDFab main window.

.................................................. ......................
          [Temporary directory:
          DVDFab will rip the movie to the temp folder, then burn to blank disc. So please keep the free space the hard drive where temp folder is more than 10 GB. You can choose the directory of temp folder here. Normally, DVDFab will use 'My Documents' as default. ]
          .................................................. ...............................
          Regards,
          Bill K

Comment

redundant me

Hmmm, as I was typing just now I got back to see that Bean55 had responded with the correct information, so I am redundant. But thanks much anyway.
            I am interested to see that Bean55 is using a separate "burn engine" and other stuff. What then is the need for DVDFab? Or did you somehow incorporate that burn engine into DVDFab? And why?
            See, I'm very very new here......
            Much thanks,
            Bill K

Comment

DVDFab decrypts the disc so you can make a backup of the disc.

I have found that Imgburn works best for me as the burn application and I am sure there are several more here that would agree.

And yes you do incorporate it with DVDFab.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Trying Falcon D/L media

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

getting off topic?

Being new here I don't know if I should start a new thread, but here goes....
                Regarding decrypting...does that mean getting past the DVD copy-protection?
                Should I be asking this via private email to Bean55?
                Thanks,
                Bill K

PS to stay on topic, the change to a new disk for temp files worked great.

Comment

You are correct!!

Decrypting means that Fab defeats the DVD copy protection.

No, you should NEVER ask for assistance or queries via PM.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by BillK View Post
                    Being new here I don't know if I should start a new thread, but here goes....
                    Regarding decrypting...does that mean getting past the DVD copy-protection?
                    Should I be asking this via private email to Bean55?
                    Thanks,
                    Bill K

PS to stay on topic, the change to a new disk for temp files worked great.
                    Yes that is what it means.

Changing disc is one option, but it will build up also if you did not check it to : Delete temporary files when done:

Help Us Help You :

Trying Falcon D/L media

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Originally posted by bean55 View Post
                      but it will build up also if you did not check it to : Delete temporary files when done:
                      Also, if you do not press the "FINISH" button, the temporary files will remain.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                      X