This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paranormal Activity

Hi everyone. As you can see, this is my first post here. I want to say that DVDFAB has been the best prog I have used for these projects and have used for 5 yrs now. I have a question to ask and maybe someone can help me advance my knowledge.
    What should I do to get the option for 'play movie or play movie with alternate ending' or 'theatrical or alternate ending'. When I back up my copy, I would like the option of selecting any one of those selections. Previously, I just selected the main movie. No theatrical, no alternate.
    Also, when I use PathPlayer disable, I get titles #43 ticked, both of them. When always enabled, its both titles #54. When enabled when necessary, its both titles #54 again. Does that mean that PathPlayer should be enabled? Since no one has posted any issues with this title, Im guessing its 'enabled when necessary'.

Never use Enabled When Necessary.
    That setting has been proven to cause problems with many systems.

The default setting is Always Enabled.
    You may need to disable it for older movies.

Comment

Thank you Gruñón
      thats something new I learned.

Any help on the other part? If I were to make 'movie only' instead of 'full copy', how would I be able to keep both ending selections? or does it even matter? would the different endings really be worthwhile?

Comment

I am not sure how that works and hoping to learn something myself when you get a reply from some one that does know.

Comment

i've not done this with this movie but a couple that come to mind are Stargate which had both the theatrical release and the directors cut on the disk and I am Legend which had an alternate ending.

If I chose "Full Disc" both versions were retained. If I did "Main Movie", I had to burn a disk for each version by selecting the title that contained the version that I wanted.

In both cases, I felt that keeping both versions was warranted but I can't comment about this title. I have watched some of it and was really underwhelmed.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thank you both for that info. I will give the Full Copy a try after Enabling PathPlayer and not worry bout which ending or version I should have.

Comment

75% compression. Not Bad for Full Disc. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by nillinator View Post
                Thank you Gruñón
                thats something new I learned.

Any help on the other part? If I were to make 'movie only' instead of 'full copy', how would I be able to keep both ending selections? or does it even matter? would the different endings really be worthwhile?
                You can do this by selecting "customize", select both title 54s and both title 56s. When you click next make sure only the top box in the copy section is checked. You'll get both endings and the opening selection screen @ 91%, not everything in the menu will work obviously but I think that's what you want to do.
                Last edited by 90312; 12-30-2009, 03:34 AM.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X