GUI Not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUI Not working

Updated from 9.0.6.3 to 9.0.7.0 today and now cannot open DVDFab as the GUI is totally messed up.
    I have huge open sections where my desktop shows through.
    Trying to navigate through the GUI leaves DVDFab not even responding and has to be closed with task manager.
    Also when I went into the options settings section, the GENERAL >> General section is totally blank.
    If I cancel a function a distorted section of the interface remains.
    This has only happened since updating. I downloaded 9.0.6.9 and the same happens. I tried to download 9.0.6.5 to see when it started but can only get 9.0.6.9 to download.
    Have been using FAB since version 3 and this is the first time ever that I have had any problems. It has been fantastic up until now.
    The program functions okay if I can get to the START page through the totally unacceptable GUI.
    Reloaded 9.0.6.3 and this works perfectly.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Using XP Pro Sp3.
    Tried to attach some screen shots but files to big.
    Last edited by StirlingMac; 10-06-2013, 05:38 PM. Reason: Add attachment

I am having the same issue.

I am also running XP and now my desktop shows through on the gui and I hit cancel to get in but the pages blur together from one function to the next. If anyone has any idea what to do please post. Thank you

Comment

It is a known issue, developers have said they will fix it and support XP. Wait for an update.
      Last edited by 90312; 10-09-2013, 05:27 PM.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Guys, this is great news and a relief. Thought I was having to go and buy a graphics card.
        Thanks to the DVDFab team as well for being quick to act.

Comment

9.0.7.1 Still a Problem

Updated to 9.0.7.1 and still the problem is there.
          Now I get a message saying I must update my graphics driver.

Comment

Can the developers or anyone tell me what the minimum "graphics" requirements are to run DVDFab correctly. The latest versions for me are totally useless and cannot be used. All because of the user interface requiring higher spec graphics.

Comment

tried all suggestions

I tried uninstalling reinstalling and I ended up going back to 9.5 version until this issue gets fixed.

Comment

9.0.7.2 Still Useless

Updated to 9.0.7.2 and STILL the program opens with huge see through panes. Is this going to be fixed.
                I see more and more threads reporting problems with XP.
                I can still only use 9.0.6.3. Nothing after that works.

Comment

Now I'm getting a message to update my video card driver as 9072 opens.....whats with that?

Comment

I got the same thing from 9.0.7.1 onwards.

Curious so I checked my onboard graphics adapter - running 96Mb memory.

Loaded DVDFab 9.0.7.2 onto my wife's computer - also running XP pro SP3 - but a newer mobo than me and running an onboard card with 128Mb memory, and would you believe Fab opened perfectly. No see through panes at all.

Does this mean there is a minimum graphics/video requirement to run the program now.

Checked to see if anything had been done to the GUI and oh boy yes???
                    From 9.0.6.5 as below:

New!DVDFab 9.0.6.5 Beta is out

New!DVDFab 9.0.6.5 Beta is out (September 10, 2013)

New: Improved the user interface and user experience for Ripper.

I wonder if this is the culprit

Comment

Here are the computer requirements for Fab dvd copy from the front page doesn't say anything about graphics needed.I am sure if they did something so XP doesn't work they will fix it quickly they have already said they will support XP so give them a chance to fix it.

★ Windows 8/7/Vista/XP (32-bit/64-bit)
                      ★ Pentium II 500 MHz
                      ★ 512 MB of RAM
                      ★ 20 GB of Free Hard Disk Space
                      ★ A DVD-R(W) or DVD+R(W) Drive
                      ★ Internet connection required to register DVDFab 9 products (little network traffic used).
                      Last edited by glenns; 10-19-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

In my case the laptop's light weight integrated graphics and DirectX 9.0c wouldn't run it, see through panes. I took this as a sign of things to come with the obsolescence of XP so I zeroed the drive and installed W7x32. The same light weight graphics+DirectX 11 works a treat. More to do with dealing with DirectX APIs than graphics cards at least in my case.
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Have just installed a 256Mb 64bit graphics card and DVDfab 9.0.7.2 working perfectly. Tried a 128Mb but did not work.

Also tried the Windows7 option onto the same computer. Same result as with XP - see through panes.

Managed to get a second hand card so did not cost me much - but at least I now have latest version of Fab up and running.

Comment

Working...
                          X