This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media is not writeable

I upgraded to 6.2.0.5 and continue to have problems with DL media. When trying to copy a single DL DVD to a blank Memorex 8x 8.5GB disc, I get the message: Media is not writeable.

I have tried several new discs with the same results. I have copied to many of the same discs in the past, and can write to the same disc on my DVD player/recorder. I have tried two DVD RW drives on my computer. The problem seemed to start when I upgraded to v6 of the DVDFab software. I have many of these blank discs. Any help will be appreciated. Log follows:

2009-12-30 09:43:06 ---- ******************** Log session stop 30-Dec 09:43:06.531 PID 6024********************
    2009-12-30 09:42:46 Info Disc (DL DVD+R) not emtpy.
    2009-12-30 09:42:27 Info Parsing disc ...
    2009-12-30 09:42:23 Info Disc ejected by user.
    2009-12-30 09:42:04 Info Disc (DL DVD+R) not emtpy.
    2009-12-30 09:42:01 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R
    2009-12-30 09:42:01 Info Drive has IDE-ATAPI physical interface
    2009-12-30 09:42:01 Info New Drive selected : 1:0:0 - TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L532B DE04 [D] (Ide)
    2009-12-30 09:41:12 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L532B DE04 [D] (Ide)
    2009-12-30 09:41:12 Info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.37, Internal revision 37 Async. Access mode
    2009-12-30 09:41:12 Info System default language : English (United States)
    2009-12-30 09:41:12 Info User default language : English (United States)
    2009-12-30 09:41:12 Info DLL Version : 4.0.5.464
    2009-12-30 09:41:12 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab\vso_hwe.dll
    2009-12-30 09:41:12 Info Version : 6, 2, 1, 6
    2009-12-30 09:41:12 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab\DVDFab.exe
    2009-12-30 09:41:12 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600: Service Pack 2)
    2009-12-30 09:41:12 ---- ******************** Log session start 30-Dec 09:41:12.703 PID 6024********************

Some folks have trouble with the VSO burning engine. Download the free ImgBurn and see this post to make work with DVDFab: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33 let us know how you make out.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks. I installed Imgburn and now get this msg in Imgburn: Disc not empty. I have tried discs from two new spindles with the same results. Discs are Memorex DVD+RDL 8x 8.5GB. Thoughts anyone? In the past I have copied to dozens of these discs.

Comment

try some disc further down in the spindle like a quarter way down, half way down, 3 quarter way down or from the bottom to see if same results but then Memorex are not good to use period and you should be using verbatim Double layer made in singapore

Comment

I notice you have two drives. Other posters have reported issues when reading from one drive and writing to the other, one source and the other target. If this is the case try one using the same drive as the source and target. This is not a fix but I'd like to know if it works for you, it has for others.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I have tried discs from three different spindles bought at different times from different sources. Unfortunately all are Memorex 8x 8.5GB. I have tried discs from half way down in the spindle. I have tried reading one drive and writing another as well as reading and writing same drive, and saving to temp file and writing from there. As I mentioned once before, my DVD Panasonic player/recorder sees the disc as empty, and writes to it ok. Thanks for the comments; any more thoughts anyone?

Comment

I can only share from personal experience. Memorex DL are Ritek. I have had Memorex and Ridata DL discs that have done this to me (I have a Samsung SH-S223Q burner)...and of the 75 or so discs that I once had...I got three or four good burns from them. Many have reported the same problem that you are having...or burned and were unreadable after. From my experience, I will only use Verbatim Dual Layer blanks. I can count on one hand how many bad ones I have received in the hundreds that I have purchased over the last five years or so. My recommendation before making any conclusion would be to get a pack of Verbatim 2.4x or 8x and try them. If the result is the same...then I would give the burner a good look...

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by fwpowell View Post
                I have tried discs from three different spindles bought at different times from different sources. Unfortunately all are Memorex 8x 8.5GB. I have tried discs from half way down in the spindle. I have tried reading one drive and writing another as well as reading and writing same drive, and saving to temp file and writing from there. As I mentioned once before, my DVD Panasonic player/recorder sees the disc as empty, and writes to it ok. Thanks for the comments; any more thoughts anyone?
                Shame you bought so many of these terrible discs, Verb's are the best as AGJ mentioned, but the most costly too. I've been using these lately CLICK HERE (read post #6 and view the links), not as good as Verb's but at half the price, and they burn and play flawlessly, at least for me !!

EDIT: Made ONE coaster out of 40 burns, and it was my fault, multi-tasking during the burn !!!
                Last edited by AlienX69; 01-05-2010, 01:59 PM.
                AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I guess I was lucky with the first spindle of Memorex discs. Based on the responses, I tried a few more combinations of parameters, discs, and drives. I found that my second drive, a sony outboard, worked on 6 of 8 discs using 2.4x and size 8100. Each disc was playable on the Panasonic player even thought the finalize step never completed without error. I will be trying other disc brands next.

Comment

Working...
                  X